Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Need help fast! Diablosport tuner killed my truck!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 09:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Need help fast! Diablosport tuner killed my truck!!

I was installing a tune from the Diablosport Predator tuner that came with my Whipple. As the tune was uploading, it got to 100% then said something like "ERROR, FAILED TO UPLOAD". Now the truck won't start.

The tuner would not do anything after it flashed the ERROR message. Wouldn't let me out, turn off or nothing. Then the LCD readout on the dash showed "Service Brake Booster". ??? So I turned the key off, and unplugged it.

Now the truck won't start. Trying to use the diagnostics on the tuner, is will only show "No Ignition. Is key on?" It is, but when the key is turned to start, nothing.

I have had the battery disconnected for about 15 minutes now. I am going to try to start it again, but I don't expect anything.

Now what??? Do I need the PCM re-flashed at the dealer or something? How much does that cost if so??
Old 05-16-2005, 09:11 PM
Staging Lane

I also just noticed that the fuel pump relay is ticking, and I can hear a noise coming from the fuel pump. Also, with the key in the RUN position, the gas gauge and temp gauge do not read anything. Not running, so no oil PSI, and the voltmeter is working. Nothing else.
Old 05-16-2005, 09:22 PM
TECH Resident

don't want to freak you out or anything but same thing happened to me. read my post below.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244676
Old 05-16-2005, 10:10 PM
Staging Lane

I'm afraid to ask what a re-flash costs, or worse yet....what a new PCM costs......
Old 05-16-2005, 10:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by glock35ipsc
I'm afraid to ask what a re-flash costs, or worse yet....what a new PCM costs......
it happened to me as well when I had mine. A reflash at my local dealer cost me 75.00 which diablo reembersed me for. They will also reflash it at diablo at no cost and will refund shipping.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:29 PM
Destroyer of Transmissions

The only time I had an issue with a Diablo was when my battery was weak while trying to tune it. Throw a battery charger on for awhile and then see if you can get a response from the predator when you plug it back into the diagnostic port. You may still need a reflash, but if you dropped big $$ on the Diablo and then have to get a reflash, maybe you could look at a custom tune and replace the whole PCM. Nelson or Westers etc... 2 cents
Old 05-17-2005, 10:16 AM
Teching In

Same thing happened to me, I unplugged the battery for 10 seconds and replugged it and all was well. Give it a shot...
Old 05-17-2005, 09:12 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MagRagC5
Same thing happened to me, I unplugged the battery for 10 seconds and replugged it and all was well. Give it a shot...
That was the first thing I tried, let it sit for 15 minutes. It's toast.

I called Diablosport this morning. They had me ship my PCM and their programmer back to them overnight (on their tab). They will reflash tomorrow and ship back to me so that I will have it on Thursday. Bummed that I don't have my ride for a couple of days, but at least they are correcting the boo-boo.
Old 05-17-2005, 09:28 PM
Teching In

I'm a BMW tech and we have to program all the time. I learned a long time ago to always connect a battery charger when flashing. I seen to many computers fried from low battery voltage while programming. It doesnt take a huge charger, just something to keep a constant voltage while flashing (even with a brand new battery).
Old 05-17-2005, 09:31 PM
Destroyer of Transmissions

I couldn't get my last Diablo tune to take, 5 or 6 tries in a row. Had the guys at the shop hook up the battery charger while I did it, went through first time no problem. You'd think that would be a tip in the Diablo's directions, but I never saw it.

Quick Reply: Need help fast! Diablosport tuner killed my truck!!