Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Need some help

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 02:01 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by superchargedchevy02
I am pretty sure that your Z28 handles much better in the snow and ice than the truck or any SUV. In the 80's Chevrolet took a Corvette to alaska and entered it in a race (the vette was stock) and raced it against all these 4X4 SUV's and trucks and the vette won. Because the trucks were sliding all over the place and the vette with the traction control was able to just drive with out any problems. Don't get me wrong trucks are great for just about anything. But I know when it snows here I drive the GTP and not the truck. The reason I know about this story is because my dad was with Chevrolet for 40 years before he died and he told me the story.
it will handle better but thats about it......its gonna get stuck if it is any deep at all.....z28s are death traps on ice....i work for the state police trust me rwd wide tires and no weight dont add up.....ive been stuck in my grand prix also....never in my truck.....i imagine it did win the race but who drives fast on ice.....its always fun for it to spin around and total a car trying to climb a hill....or be stuck.....this happens evrey time it snows here
Old 08-23-2004, 02:09 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i agree wiht not limiting yourself to a z71.......the 4x4s w/ towing pkg are the same besides the 265/70/16 tires.....the z71 option is expensive for those tires too....4x4s come with 245/70/16......my truck was a 1000 bucks cheaper than a z71 equipped exactly the same...mine has the same shocks,springs,skid plates as the z71 just didnt have the taller tires(wich made it better on gas might i add) and the stickers