Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Needing Some O2 Simulators

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 11:16 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jtbrewer19
I don't have emission test here in Arkansas. I am not worried about having them on there or not. When I unplug them it seems to run better. What would be the best "coating" for the headers. Also it has the bosch O2's that were put on there about 7000 miles ago. I have not had a problem out of them until now. I just really don't know which way to approach this. I hate having to deal with these problems.
If your tune is in "closed loop" you should never unplug them. The pcm needs them to operate efficiently. When you truck first starts it is "open loop" and not using them, but as it warms up it (135* i believe) it will start using them. Without them your pcm is using a table to reference and I am pretty sure it's not the best, if it feels more powerful...it's cause it is leaner more than likely.

Originally Posted by Jtbrewer19
How are the O2's supposed to look? I took both of them out and they "looked" fine. I didn't remove the spark plugs. We were pretty careful around the plugs but you are right about maybe damaging them. How can you check them for being cracked or damaged? I took them out and they appeared to be fine.
My vote is they are fine. Especially if you got nailed with codes on both of them. Maybe a pinched wire set or something that would affect both of them.

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
Hey man, sorry to hear about your probs but those are to be expected when modding!

Personally, I would use OEM o2s, and preferably the corvette o2s for the aforementioned reason. At one point I had on non-coated headers and everything ran just fine with the stock 02s
It's all about a ton of things I sure you know. Some places, like in arizona in the summer, you may not have issues with bare LT's, but more likely than not, you'll at least get the codes on one bank. I had mine on the passenger (B2) side only. Driver side was fine. But I agree...OEM o2's, hotter o2's for the front and see how it goes.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anybody know the part number for the corvette o2's?
Old 12-15-2008, 01:01 PM

PM Torque_Wrench and tell him what you need. Tell him dewmanshu told you to get ahold of him if he gives you any flack just kidding, he's top notch, he'll be able to help you.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by dewmanshu

It's all about a ton of things I sure you know. Some places, like in arizona in the summer, you may not have issues with bare LT's, but more likely than not, you'll at least get the codes on one bank. I had mine on the passenger (B2) side only. Driver side was fine. But I agree...OEM o2's, hotter o2's for the front and see how it goes.
Interesting. It's 10 degrees outside right now, no codes (never have been any).
Old 12-15-2008, 02:33 PM
Launching!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Bosch...Q5fAccessories
Old 12-15-2008, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
Interesting. It's 10 degrees outside right now, no codes (never have been any).
I am not saying your truck is odd, just that this isn't an unknown problem. I would never put my money on a 4L60E lasting on a FI setup (especially with TM removed) but there are guys with them still ticking. Doesn't mean it's a good idea, just that they are still working for some. There's always going to be a handul of people that get away with stuff like this (like yourself). Every setup and situation is different. I am no expert, but you see this as a common complaint enough to say there is a good chance it will happen if you put long tubes on. Your combo works for you. I spent a stupid amount of time researching my problem, no matter what I did it wouldn't go away. So I turned the damn codes off...eventually stayed open loop. Good for you man. I'd be very surprised if the poster's prob is anything but what I described. Unless he actually damaged the wires to the sensors or both sensors by pure bad luck are defective. (you should troubleshoot those right away no matter what anyway)
Old 12-15-2008, 03:19 PM

that's the vette sensors I used. I had to cut and splice on my plugs.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:52 PM
On The Tree

NTK O2 Sensor pn is 21537.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

I am going to try the o2 idea. I really hope this is it. If not oh well. I prob need new ones anyway. Now which should I go with. NTK or Bosch. Any recommendations?
Old 12-16-2008, 04:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

i always heard you get bad gas milage with the 02 simulators

Quick Reply: Needing Some O2 Simulators