Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Needing Some O2 Simulators

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 08:18 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey bro, what Dewmanshu is telling you is CORRECT! When I installed my Long Tubes on my 03 GMC I also had a custom tune and did the rear O2 delete. But however you do indeed need the front O2 sensors and you need them working properly. It is a bad idea to unplug them and then re-connect them and then unplug them and so on, because your PCM very well may be in Closed-Loop. On my truck, Of course I had to upgrade to the Vette O2 sensors because of their extended harness, which gave me the needed reach I had to have to install them in the new Long Tubes. I've seen alot of people splice and extend their old sensors which works fine as long as you use the proper slice connections and wrap them well. I wraped my sensor harness's in header tape so they'd never get schorched or burned. And one last thing you might check is, look very closley at all of your spark plug wires! My truck missed and sputtered when I first installed my headers and for an hour I coulden't figure out why, because I took all the steps to insure this woulden't happen. It ended up that my rear most plug wire on the passenger side had laid against my header for a minute or so when I first fired my truck up, and it melted in almost into. When I finally found this, I grabbed a spare wire and presto...no miss...ran fine...smooth as a kitten.

Anywho...the Corvette O2 sensors you need are part # 12578461. Most any local dealer will have them. If not just contact me and I'll see if I can help you.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you can let me know on the vette o2's. They seem to be kinda high through my dealer. But I haven't called around yet. I checked all of the wires and nothing. And what your saying about the o2's being in "closed-loop?" Can I just leave them plugged up and let it go back to normal?
Old 12-17-2008, 02:38 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Jtbrewer19
If you can let me know on the vette o2's. They seem to be kinda high through my dealer. But I haven't called around yet. I checked all of the wires and nothing. And what your saying about the o2's being in "closed-loop?" Can I just leave them plugged up and let it go back to normal?
You'll have to PM me my friend.