Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Nelson tune is in

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 01:26 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nelson tune is in

Finally got the truck back from the shop and installed the pcm thats been sitting homeless in my garage for almost a week.

this pretty much sums it up :

Truck is way more responsive than with the 'aggressive' Predator tune and has more power. At WOT it pulls harder and the motor sounds like its finally come to life (It really does sound different/better...might be in my mind)

It has about 60 miles on it so far, not sure how long the 'learn period' is......but its definetely a keeper. Absolutely no problems, just slapped that bad boy in and went for a drive......I was able to nail it from a stop and spin the tires with the cutout open.....something I couldn't do before especially with the cutout creating a huge loss of backpressure/torque.

At first I was concerned that the shifts weren't firm enough, but they are quick, which I guess is really all thats needed instead of a 'firm' shift. I will run the live data on the predator to check out the timing, TM, maf lbs/min etc

So yeah, the truck runs awesome now, and I would recommend this to anyone...it really does blow the hand helds away
Old 04-14-2004, 01:29 PM
TECH Resident

how do u get a nelson tune, you have to send ur pcm off and he reprograms it? im wanting to do this with my new truck, i gave up on my ol one.
Old 04-14-2004, 01:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cant wait...
Common on UPS !!
Old 04-14-2004, 02:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by LS1csherm
Cant wait...
Common on UPS !!

I do not like waiting for the Men in Brown!
Old 04-14-2004, 03:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

getchusum99, yo9u call allen and pay for the computer he sends it to you and then you send him back yours. he refunds the money on the computer. their is no down time.
Old 04-14-2004, 04:08 PM
Formerly one92rs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

nelsons are far superior.
Old 04-14-2004, 04:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Hit Man X
I do not like waiting for the Men in Brown!
Dude... those Fedex guys are worse.
Old 04-14-2004, 04:32 PM
On The Tree

Question $$$???

if you dont mind me asking how much did it cost all together cuz i have a 2003 also!!!

Originally Posted by O3GMC
Finally got the truck back from the shop and installed the
pcm thats been sitting homeless in my garage for almost a week.

this pretty much sums it up :

Truck is way more responsive than with the 'aggressive' Predator tune and has more power. At WOT it pulls harder and the motor sounds like its finally come to life (It really does sound different/better...might be in my mind)

It has about 60 miles on it so far, not sure how long the 'learn period' is......but its definetely a keeper. Absolutely no problems, just slapped that bad boy in and went for a drive......I was able to nail it from a stop and spin the tires with the cutout open.....something I couldn't do before especially with the cutout creating a huge loss of backpressure/torque.

At first I was concerned that the shifts weren't firm enough, but they are quick, which I guess is really all thats needed instead of a 'firm' shift. I will run the live data on the predator to check out the timing, TM, maf lbs/min etc

So yeah, the truck runs awesome now, and I would recommend this to anyone...it really does blow the hand helds away
Old 04-14-2004, 04:33 PM
TECH Veteran

FedUp is okay around here, still I prefer USPS... cheap and reliable!
Old 04-15-2004, 06:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

mine comes tuesday.....im gunna die from the wait

Quick Reply: Nelson tune is in