Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Nelson Tune

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 04:53 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nelson Tune

Got my tune in a couple days ago. My main concern was gas mileage and then performance. Ran about 3/4 tank through it and looks like I got both!! Performance is much improved!! Shifts much better, top end feels a lot better. Will spin the 33"s pretty easily. As far as gas mileage I always got 13.5-13.7. Never varies, doesnt matter how I drive it. Well, I beat on it hard this tank, had to check out the tune, and got 14.9 out of it.

Overall very happy with the tune. Will reccommend him and his tunes to anyone!!
Old 03-25-2005, 05:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice, I have been trying to get a hold of Allen to order my tune. I have my hypertech on ebay and as soon as it sells ill be ordering my nelson. I was wondering what everyone is paying for thier tunes from Nelson? I have a 00 which i think is a little cheaper than the newer trucks. How long did it take for you to recieve it?
Old 03-25-2005, 05:13 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by htsht
Got my tune in a couple days ago. My main concern was gas mileage and then performance. Ran about 3/4 tank through it and looks like I got both!! Performance is much improved!! Shifts much better, top end feels a lot better. Will spin the 33"s pretty easily. As far as gas mileage I always got 13.5-13.7. Never varies, doesnt matter how I drive it. Well, I beat on it hard this tank, had to check out the tune, and got 14.9 out of it.

Overall very happy with the tune. Will reccommend him and his tunes to anyone!!
Congrats on the tune! Get some more miles on it and it will get even stronger.
Old 03-25-2005, 05:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dub Silverado
Nice, I have been trying to get a hold of Allen to order my tune. I have my hypertech on ebay and as soon as it sells ill be ordering my nelson. I was wondering what everyone is paying for thier tunes from Nelson? I have a 00 which i think is a little cheaper than the newer trucks. How long did it take for you to recieve it?
3 days after I ordered it I had it, that shipped from Texas to Iowa. Mine is also 2000. It was $375+10 shipping.

Head to www.nelsonperformance.com he has a form there you can fill out to order it or just call him.
Old 03-25-2005, 05:22 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Dub Silverado

I think for 00 it's like $375, I ordered mine on a Wednesday and I had it 2 days later but I did have him ship it next day. Keep calling him you will get a hold of him, he is a busy guy.
Old 03-25-2005, 05:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Mines going to run me $490.00. That's me driving to him and having the tune done personally by Allen Nelson on his Dyno, then driven on the streets with a labtop.
Hope it impresses me or Allen may be getting a little of this . J/k, I'm sure I will be impressed.

Jim
Old 03-25-2005, 05:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

OK thats waht i thought it was going to be is 385 shipped. I live in florida, so if i order monday maybe ill have it thursdayish? I hope too see some nice improvments over my HPIII. I will be calling him first thing monday to get it ordered, id rather talk to him and get his recomendations on a few things than just email the order. IM sure you all know what im talking about.
Old 03-25-2005, 06:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

dub silverado you might see what it would cost to upgrade to a 02 pcm. i have talke to him all week about twice a day mine was shipped this morning and i will get it monday , but i live in texas. he is a really bad *** guy and a good tuner plus he takes care of his customers.
Old 03-25-2005, 06:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

What is the advantage of going to a 2002 PCM?
Old 03-26-2005, 10:33 AM
Banned

Some 99-00s are prone for false knock. From what I gather it is more of a problem in 99s. However the 02s are a more aggressive computer and you can get better results with it.

Quick Reply: Nelson Tune