Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Nelson tune is awesome

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 01:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nelson tune is awesome

allen sent me a new computer for my truck and it is awesome. Last time it didn't work out to good but he more than made up for it with my new tune WOW!!! It really runs alot beter I could not believe the difference between the old tune and the new tune. He is really smart when it comes to working on computers. I can't wait to go to the track to run my truck but anyway thinks alot allen.
Old 05-03-2004, 02:12 PM
Performance Trucks Sponsor

That's great Yellowsierra, glad we could get you going again. Not sure what happened with the other one, but this one seems to be working out good for you.
thanks,

allen
Old 05-03-2004, 03:29 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm waiting for my new tune since the one in my truck now is kinda screwy. I'll post up the results whenever it gets here.
Old 05-03-2004, 03:35 PM
On The Tree

I love my nelson tune - best mod ive done
Old 05-03-2004, 03:46 PM
TECH Regular

Thumbs up

Allen Nelson

I just got off the phone with Allen. I felt I just had to call the man so that I could personally thank him for the tune he did for my truck. I would have paid $600.00 for what I got!! The difference, even on the first trip down the road after the install, was truly amazing. I now have about 250 miles on the new PCM and it seems to get stronger every time I drive!

Here is a short list of what he did for me:

Removed the 'Engine' TM - we decided to leave the 'Tranny' TM in with the idea that if I wanted it all gone we could do that later. That alone was worth the money spent!

Rid the truck of that stumble/stammer/hesitation at low speed and low RPMS when in traffic.

Softened up my 1-2 shift, but only at 50% throttle or less. At 51% and above, it will bark as always. Between the TransGo(0 washers) and the Billet servo, it was H-A-R-S-H. This was more for the wife since she drives the truck on occasion.

Upped the shift points from about 5200 to 5900 (1-2) and 6000 (2-3). The Whipple keeps pullin' all the way there!

And last, but not least, removed the damn speed governor!

If anyone out there is contemplating whether it is worth the money or not, all I can say is that a pregnant wife who just recently became unemployed and even she agrees with me that the difference is well worth the money spent! Now that's an endorsement!

i hope to make another vid with the 10 PSI pulley and the Nelson tune combo to post...
Old 05-03-2004, 04:29 PM
Formerly one92rs

Talking

nelson rules
Old 05-03-2004, 07:25 PM
Teching In

Thumbs up

nelson is the man ,with new tune in all I want to do is and -more power ever wear =me being very
Old 05-03-2004, 07:46 PM
Formerly one92rs

Talking

yay and the more miles on it the better. 500 miles on mine and it was set.
Old 05-04-2004, 12:01 AM
I Like Gold!!!

oh hes the man alright. i had mine for a couple of weeks and it gets better and better. It knocked off alot on my 1/4 mile. Just ask 02Denali.......lol
Old 05-04-2004, 12:37 AM
TECH Regular

Question Question for Farmtruc

Originally Posted by FarmTruc
That's great Yellowsierra, glad we could get you going again. Not sure what happened with the other one, but this one seems to be working out good for you.
thanks,

allen
I hear that ur the man, so i thought i would ask you how it works? I've got edit for my truck, but drive it on a dailly basis. It is my only mode of transportation. From what i'm seeing it looks like i'd have to send my PCM off which would mean downtime for the truck. Is this correct? Also wandering what the average turn around is on something like that?

Quick Reply: Nelson tune is awesome