Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Nelson tune is awesome

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 12:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nope, they send you a programed ecm and then you turn around and send ur old one to them, no down time
Originally Posted by rileyc8
I hear that ur the man, so i thought i would ask you how it works? I've got edit for my truck, but drive it on a dailly basis. It is my only mode of transportation. From what i'm seeing it looks like i'd have to send my PCM off which would mean downtime for the truck. Is this correct? Also wandering what the average turn around is on something like that?
Old 05-04-2004, 01:16 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What about my Edit?

Originally Posted by Visionxorb
nope, they send you a programed ecm and then you turn around and send ur old one to them, no down time
My edit is locked to my PCM thought isn't it? If i get a different one back i wouldn't think my edit would work any more.
Old 05-04-2004, 10:56 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by rileyc8
My edit is locked to my PCM thought isn't it? If i get a different one back i wouldn't think my edit would work any more.
I think allen locks the pcm before he sends it to you anyhow, so edit would not work anyway. I think he does it to keep people from stealing his tunes.
Old 05-04-2004, 11:03 PM
Performance Trucks Sponsor

we could send your edit file back and forth via email. that works out great
Old 05-04-2004, 11:07 PM
Formerly one92rs

Talking

he beat me to it. 01thunder gets emailed his files. so you can use your edit. but once you get the tune you wont need it
Old 05-05-2004, 01:10 AM
TECH Regular

Default Sounds good.

Originally Posted by FarmTruc
we could send your edit file back and forth via email. that works out great
That sounds good farmtruc. I doubt i'd be making changes, lol, ur the expert, not me. I don't wanna have it locked, in case i throw a code or something. Hopefully i'll be givin' u a call soon when i get a little money in the hobby fund.
Old 05-05-2004, 02:25 PM
On The Tree

what is a nelson tune and were and how much does it cost

yellow 4.8 flowmaster and hypertech
Old 05-05-2004, 05:00 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula

Originally Posted by Chingon
I'm waiting for my new tune since the one in my truck now is kinda screwy. I'll post up the results whenever it gets here.
Got my new tune last night. Put it in and drove around with EFI Live hooked up.
I asked for 50% of tranny TM removed(have 100% engine TM removed), so now instead of seeing 27* to 30* of timing through the RPM band, then -10* of timing through the 1-2 shift, I see anywhere from 0* to +7* of timing through the 1-2 shift now.
One thing I did notice is how the timing through the RPM band is aroun 27* to 30*, just as before, but now, right before the shift, it jumps to 35-37*.
I guess that is compensating for the large amount of timing being pulled through the 1-2 shift. That's why now it is 0* to +7*.
It also doesn't do that annoying CKP learn, nor the passkey relearn, I think that PCM was just screwy. I don't know. So yeah, I love this new tune.

Oh yea, one more thing, the e-fans don't come on. I almost **** my pants when I saw the temp. go up to 212...215...I quickly turned on the A/C so that it would trip the fans.
I wasn't sure what was wrong so I went back home and checked all the wiring. It was fine.
I put the original Nelson tune back in, guess what, the fans turned back on.
E-mailed Allen, just waiting to hear if he forgot to turn on the e-fan activation on the PCM. I don't think he did.
Old 05-05-2004, 06:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by yellow4.8
what is a nelson tune and were and how much does it cost

yellow 4.8 flowmaster and hypertech
www.nelsonperformance.com
Old 05-05-2004, 10:29 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Chingon
Oh yea, one more thing, the e-fans don't come on. I almost **** my pants when I saw the temp. go up to 212...215...I quickly turned on the A/C so that it would trip the fans.
I wasn't sure what was wrong so I went back home and checked all the wiring. It was fine.
I put the original Nelson tune back in, guess what, the fans turned back on.
E-mailed Allen, just waiting to hear if he forgot to turn on the e-fan activation on the PCM. I don't think he did.
What e-fans are you running?

Quick Reply: Nelson tune is awesome