Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Nelson Tune for these mods?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 05:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Flyer
I think a lot of those who are dissatisfied have chosen to remain quiet.
yup, I know of a few that havent said anything
Old 08-11-2004, 05:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

The time has come for those to speak out ... well, one at least.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203346
Old 08-11-2004, 05:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Im sure there are people that have had problems with pcm4less and I personally had one with Westers but have had a great experience with Nelson. Any way you chose there is a chance that it could be shitty but in my opinion it is worth the small chance of a bad experience with Nelson for a damn good tune. What do you guys think the percentage is of happy vs unhappy Nelson customers is?
Old 08-11-2004, 05:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Yes Please Speak Out!

I am very happy and would like to hear some feedback of any kind. No offence will be taken or given in return.
Old 08-11-2004, 05:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Flyer
I think a lot of those who are dissatisfied have chosen to remain quiet.
i know of a few that have chosen to do that. after my troubles just getting an update, which i never got, i decided to go a different route (hptuners). the only thing good that has come out of my experience with nelson was the flex-a-lite wiring harness. after logging data with hptuners and trading emails with some people familiar to tuning i realized how bad the tune really was. my truck was running very lean to say the least. if i was running any type of power adder i might have had some serious problems...
Old 08-11-2004, 05:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by therock
I am very happy and would like to hear some feedback of any kind. No offence will be taken or given in return.
If you're interested and in for a novel, https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203346

This is the experience that left the sour taste in my mouth about him.
Old 08-11-2004, 05:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SSMinneapolis
i know of a few that have chosen to do that. after my troubles just getting an update, which i never got, i decided to go a different route (hptuners). the only thing good that has come out of my experience with nelson was the flex-a-lite wiring harness. after logging data with hptuners and trading emails with some people familiar to tuning i realized how bad the tune really was. my truck was running very lean to say the least. if i was running any type of power adder i might have had some serious problems (although i do know of one person whom did have that very problem...cost in a lot of money to get his engine fixed)...
Who tuned his truck?

Will you PM me the details of you're problems please? I'm interested to know the details.
Old 08-11-2004, 07:27 PM
Launching!

the only problem I see is that they just tune a PCM and send it to you with out doing a dyno tune so if it isn't quite right you have to send it back and keep doing this until you get it right. The price quoted to me was $425. And they would not give dyno numbers. I think with any company you are going to have people who like them and people who don't. You should ask for a money back guarantee and then try them out. If you don't like them ask for your money back and try someone else.
Old 08-11-2004, 07:51 PM
Staging Lane

What is all this fuzz with Nelson?
Last nite I had a package waiting for me at home, from Canada, this morning in about 30 min. I installed the new Westers, let me tell you, this is AWESOME, now I need a set of Brembo because the Sierra04 Ext.Cab Long Bed is very,very hard to stop when the needle is past 120.
Old 08-11-2004, 08:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Most of Nelson's customer are happy but some arent like with any comapany but if you were to rate Nelsons tunes by the posted opinions of Nelson customers it would rate very high! Right? Thats why he gets so much buisness! He is doing somehting right because his buisness has boomed!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Nelson Tune for these mods?