Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Nelson Tune for these mods?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 08:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i came into this forum with a hpp3 did some cheking and got a nelson. I have never gotten such good service anywhere. I bought a transgo through his buddy, this guy helped me out more then summit,jegs,ect...ever have and through the years i've spent thousands with these people. Anyone that says nelson has bad costomer service must of caught a real bad day. I orderd my tune at 11oclock at night. Best $$ i've ever spent.
Old 08-11-2004, 08:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TigerFan187
Most of Nelson's customer are happy but some arent like with any comapany but if you were to rate Nelsons tunes by the posted opinions of Nelson customers it would rate very high! Right? Thats why he gets so much buisness! He is doing somehting right because his buisness has boomed!!!!!!!!!!!
Not to take anything away from Nelson, but I think one reason for his "booming" is due to a lack of available options for truck tuning.
The market is very slim between 3-4 tuners.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:34 PM
Formerly one92rs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Originally Posted by ILLNALI
Not to take anything away from Nelson, but I think one reason for his "booming" is due to a lack of available options for truck tuning.
The market is very slim between 3-4 tuners.

spoken by someone that doesnt even have a tune. there are many options out there. the problem is being able to tune it yourself or having toi have it tuned.do it yourself is an option.but heck you have to have a laptop or move the computer to the garage. then have a logging tool. man and then where to start. or have someone tune it. darn chago where you been hiding boy!!
Old 08-11-2004, 10:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

He does have a point though. Let's look at it like this. You have Nelson's, Westers, and some other guys that have posted in here (sponsers of the site I might add) offering truck tuning. The ones that have posted in here offering truck tuning has been shot down by all the cheerleaders for Allen. I don't question his abilities to tune, I honestly don't know first hand, otherwise I wouldn't be having this convo right now.

My problem with him is I paid and have yet to recieve. I paid the week after SBSO and have YET to recieve anything I could use from him. It took me 2 months to get a tune for the 80e swap. I hounded the **** out of him for it too, 2-4 emails a week and about 1 out of roughly every 2 weeks got answered. I finally gave up and went around him. He says I didn't 'need' the tune until I went around him so I shouldn't consider the 2 months of me trying to get it from him a problem. That's horse ****, no way around it!
Old 08-11-2004, 10:57 PM
Staging Lane

Did u make that kerry edwards sign? I love it. I'm thinking T-shirts....
Old 08-11-2004, 11:40 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 02denali
spoken by someone that doesnt even have a tune. there are many options out there. the problem is being able to tune it yourself or having toi have it tuned.do it yourself is an option.but heck you have to have a laptop or move the computer to the garage. then have a logging tool. man and then where to start. or have someone tune it. darn chago where you been hiding boy!!
So you need to actually have a tuned truck to give an opinion?
Oh yea....SLUUUUUUUUUURP!
Old 08-11-2004, 11:57 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Chingon
So you need to actually have a tuned truck to give an opinion?
Oh yea....SLUUUUUUUUUURP!
Old 08-12-2004, 12:17 AM
Staging Lane

Just my 2 cent's get your tune from whoever yu want.Ive had great service from allen,ive heard good thing's about Brian Pcm for less.either way yu will be happy,unless yu super picky or modding evry other week.Then get hp tuners or edit me im to lazy and have to much money ,and not enough time to be fartin around with it.
Old 08-12-2004, 04:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Thanks Flyer

Your feedback is noted and appretiated. I had very good luck with Nelson. Sorry your experiance was less than desired.
Old 08-12-2004, 04:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 02denali
as flyer stated, I was talking about the "BIG 3" so to speak that advertise about their tuning. Westers, Nelson, PCMFORLESS. not sure I even want a tune anymore after hearing all this technical talk like 8* KR, ltrims, etc etc
to someone who really doesnt know **** about all of these things, we're really in the dark. even if I got a tune, I'd have no clue as to if it did me any good besides the seat of the pants meter. maybe thats why a certain tuner has so much positive feedback, how many guys are actually logging his tunes to see whats going on? you can give me a powerbar to make me feel like I have more energy, but do I really?

Quick Reply: Nelson Tune for these mods?