Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

nelson tune for whipple

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 07:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very cool , glad it worked, i hav'nt received my pulley yet and ryan had me a little worried that it was'nt going to let me go over 5psi. even though in theory i knew what i was saying was correct, you know what they say about theories. and i know ryan is pretty up on this stuff. so i'm happy too. 7 psi here i come. e
Old 05-24-2004, 09:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by etc
very cool , glad it worked, i hav'nt received my pulley yet and ryan had me a little worried that it was'nt going to let me go over 5psi. even though in theory i knew what i was saying was correct, you know what they say about theories. and i know ryan is pretty up on this stuff. so i'm happy too. 7 psi here i come. e
Hey you are the man etc!!! Sorry about getting you worried about the boost blow off thing. Ya don't mind me -I just kept having it blow open for some reason. I obviously didn't think hard enough about the airflow routing of the bypass. You rock!!!!!

So I know what I can do tomorrow
Old 05-24-2004, 09:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey ya if you could post a pic just for anyone in the future who does a search for this sort of thing. I can host it too if you need to.
Thanks
Old 05-25-2004, 12:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

i'll see if my scanner works [it's been resting for few months, last time i tried to get it to work i almost threw it out the window] or i can get a shot with my digital. coon if you've got a good pic, post it. glad i could help, you guys and allen are making it obvious that all that electronic garbage is not necessary. seems like it would be cheaper and easier for whipple to give you inj's and do a pcm swap like allen does. while it has been annoying, it is making me learn how all this works. ryan you should host a site dedicated to " fixing the whipple" i know you could come up with a few pages on how to build an intercooler. no pulley yet, hopefully tommorow. e
Old 05-25-2004, 06:00 AM
TECH Regular

I'll get some pics tonight...I left my dig camera at work yesterday. Yea, I think we could have an entire freakin' website devoted to "How to fix the Whipple "...LOL. Whipple should offer two kits....one just like it is for those who just want a mild increase and one for folks like me who say "WTF, I know this sucker can make some power!". The 2nd kit would have new injectors and a tuned PCM, ala Radix style.
"No warranties, written or expressed, on our Hi-Po kit."
Old 05-25-2004, 08:54 PM
TECH Regular

Alright here is a pic with some captions. You may have to resize it to original size to be able to read the text. Hope this helps.

http://james.jaguar.net/coontoot/wefi.jpg
Old 05-25-2004, 09:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

i just took the solenoid off, put a vacum cap where the line went into the diaphram thing, and replaced that screw in nipple with a 1/8" npt pipe plug. has worked flawlessly so far.
Old 05-25-2004, 09:21 PM
TECH Regular

454 - That is what I had in mind...I just used what I had 'in stock' in my not-so-well-stocked garage. I wish I had done this bypass about 18 months ago!!
Old 05-28-2004, 01:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

got my tune update last night, put it in when i got home today, feels even better. did'nt get a chance too log it, the power is still smooth and there's more of it. no audible knock but the log will show me the story. now that allen has efilive, i think were really going to get dialed. still no pulley, but the difference between what i had and what i've got, feels like i put one on. i'm trying to get a happy medium between power/driveability without going too aggresive so i can still tow without knock. it would be sweet if you could set up a milder timing table that was triggered by the tow/haul button, best of both worlds. anyway i'll let you know what the logs look like, but so far i'm so happy i could just poop myself. e
Old 05-29-2004, 12:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Guys-Keep the info coming on this one!

I've got a 01 C3 with a whipple, and a 6.0 that was recently gone through with forged pistons, upgraded rods, 1.75 slp rockers, and some head work.

Previous to the work over it was running 7.5 lbs of boost, but with the same pulley it now makes just over 5 lbs.

I'm just about ready to do the Nelson tune, but want to combine the bigger injectors and bypass the whipple jive, but I'm waiting to see how you guys get if figured out first, so I can try the next 2 smaller pulleys to see how it works. Keep us posted!!

Quick Reply: nelson tune for whipple