Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Nelson Vs. Others

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 08:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Hit Man X]First... what the hell couldn't you resist about? Trying to start something or what? If so I as well as other members have no time for pissing matches/frivolous information. It doesn't appear you have any proof to your claims that you are making. That's if you are trying to prove something. In any event, if you have nothing of importance to add please do not add your 2¢ to this thread.

A little Anger management may be in oder here.

Pissing matches/frivolous information

nothing of importance ?

Tell me how you made the 2 cent sign and it will be the first real info I've gotten from you in my 2 years here.
Old 03-16-2004, 08:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A little Anger management may be in oder here.

Pissing matches/frivolous information
Not a pissing match... A Urinary Trajectory Contest.
Old 03-16-2004, 10:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hit Man X
First... what the hell couldn't you resist about? Trying to start something or what? If so I as well as other members have no time for pissing matches/frivolous information. It doesn't appear you have any proof to your claims that you are making. That's if you are trying to prove something. In any event, if you have nothing of importance to add please do not add your 2¢ to this thread.

I saw Lance's truck get faster with Allen's basic tuning, on top of that when he explicitly asked for total TqMgt removal Westers left some in there...not what he asked for. That's conservative if you ask me... Mr Webster defines it as:

1. Opposed to change
2. Moderate; not extreme
3. Protecting from loss, waste, or injury
4. Preservative

Hrm... sounds like the way I described Westers tune on Lance's truck fit the bill. His 87 tune ran better than the 93 tune also.

Also on my truck I had Allen flash me a "mailorder" tune then we tuned it to the nail. I noticed no difference in performance over the mailorder vs the driven tune. Basically it was pretty much right on the first time out. We added maybe 2* timing up top and a tad more fuel, not enough to register the gains.

Before you start something, be prepared to end it also.
Have a bad day or something? It's an ongoing thing, the tunes badbow/02Denali has/had ARE different. Thats all I was pointing out. I NEVER said anything bad about 02 or NELSON's (look at my last sentence, I said EITHER tuner will make you happy). It's not me thats trying to start something
Old 03-16-2004, 10:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Talking

Originally Posted by 99Silver5.3

I couldnt resist......

Nelsons, Nelsons. A thousand times, NELSONS!
But you have edit!!!

Please before you attack me this was meant as a joke, don't take it the wrong way
Old 03-16-2004, 10:30 PM
Formerly one92rs

Talking

man now i am different. nelson is a better tune. period. no pissing match at all. i gave lyndon 4 chances. no dice. handhelds are not all that. a custom tune is what you need. yes i have a hands on tune. but the very first tune i got from allen was a 4 tenths improvement over my westers and the driveability was a lot better.
if you just want to run good---westers--conservative.

if you want to win---nelson performance--bad a**

and yes if all had a chance to geta hands on tune they would. i have seen first hand people besides myself happier with a nelson tune over westers. and yes they are mail order tunes. yes i do have a edge. but i choose to keep the edge due to experience and word o mouth. but it is up to you. hey good luck man. guess the westers guys were scared of the sbso. they were all nelson tuned trucks. hmmmmmm.
Old 03-16-2004, 11:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

I've been talking to Allen, while I haven't had a chance to run his tune yet, I can say the guy is cool as **** to talk to and deal with. That alone would make it worth while.
Old 03-17-2004, 04:18 PM
TECH Addict

Wow, it seems as some of you have involved yourselves in hobbies that arent suitable to your personalities. In all honesty I wish I werent so isolated, Id love to have some fast modded trucks around here, it seems like nothing ever takes place in FL. I had a HPP3 first and that was terrible. Ive got Westers and I really like it. I didnt have too much info on Nelson at the time, but I would definately be up to getting a hands on tune! How many have driven vehicles tuned by both??? Would you say that one is better at S/C apps than another?? Someone said a 4 tenths difference between Nelson and Lyndon?!! That is incredible. I know Westers is $100 more, but other than that do they have the same policies (unlimited tunes, updates, etc)?
Old 03-17-2004, 05:33 PM
Formerly one92rs

Talking

i have had them all. i started with a hyperdeusch. then i got a paperweightpredator. . then i hasd lyndon do me a tune. the first tune was a good one. then i needed all tqm removed and after 4 tries it didnt work. then i met allen/farmtruc/nelson performance.and i am the one that gained 4 tenths of a second fromn westers to allens tune. as for s/c allen is the man to see for that to. man you need a custom tune. and allenj can do it. nelson perf
Old 03-17-2004, 05:38 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 02denali
i have had them all. i started with a hyperdeusch. then i got a paperweightpredator. . then i hasd lyndon do me a tune. the first tune was a good one. then i needed all tqm removed and after 4 tries it didnt work. then i met allen/farmtruc/nelson performance.and i am the one that gained 4 tenths of a second fromn westers to allens tune. as for s/c allen is the man to see for that to. man you need a custom tune. and allenj can do it. nelson perf
How can you tell if all TQM has been removed?? I asked for it all to be removed and I definately noticed a difference, but that was going from hypertech to a PCM too. Damn, 4 tenths isnt much more than Im expecting to gain from the vortech. Maybe once the install is done I will see if he can send me one and I will take both to a track (if I can find one). Would that be a possibility??
Old 03-17-2004, 05:41 PM
Formerly one92rs

Talking

oh the 4 tenths is what i gained going from allens tune from lyndons. i have gained a full second from tuning and mods.

Quick Reply: Nelson Vs. Others