Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Nelson Vs. Others

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 05:42 PM
Formerly one92rs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

if you have a stock tranny then keep some tqm in there.
Old 03-17-2004, 06:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have a shift kit or a bigger converter, which I think you got the converter, you will notice it fall on it's face aftr it shifts. Even more annoying the converter will make the PCM think the tranny is slipping and pull timing and hold it out after the shift. It feels like when it shifts, your foot comes up for about a second and a half, then you give it more gas. It's not at all gradual feeling, it's like it's a switch when the timing comes up.

That's the best I know how to explain the torque management, maybe someone else can hit on what I missed.
Old 03-17-2004, 10:43 PM
TECH Addict

I was wondering if that was do to the PO160 code I am getting!!! Thats the TQM??!! at the 1-2 shift it does it so badly that Everyone in the trucks head jolts forward after the shift then back about a second later, its extremely noticable. Ive only got the PI stall and servo's now but Im getting the tranny totally rebuilt in a month or two (clutches, 29 element sprag, bands, extreme duty reaction carrier and shell, 5 pinion planets, pretty much everything). I feel pretty stupid now. Why wasnt it all taken out as I had requested?! Well thanks for clearing that up.
Old 03-17-2004, 10:46 PM
Formerly one92rs

Talking

you will have to tell him that you need it all out. i trhink there are like five tables of tqm in there. hopefully he will understand you. good luck.
Old 03-17-2004, 10:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by greentahoe
I was wondering if that was do to the PO160 code I am getting!!! Thats the TQM??!! at the 1-2 shift it does it so badly that Everyone in the trucks head jolts forward after the shift then back about a second later, its extremely noticable. Ive only got the PI stall and servo's now but Im getting the tranny totally rebuilt in a month or two (clutches, 29 element sprag, bands, extreme duty reaction carrier and shell, 5 pinion planets, pretty much everything). I feel pretty stupid now. Why wasnt it all taken out as I had requested?! Well thanks for clearing that up.

I bet that SES light is from that stall you got. PM Chingon and ask him, I'm too boozed up now to recall exactly what happens with a big stall on the stock tuen. I think the PCM ***** a brick and throws the code as it feels that it's slipping...
Old 03-17-2004, 10:55 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Hit Man X
I bet that SES light is from that stall you got. PM Chingon and ask him, I'm too boozed up now to recall exactly what happens with a big stall on the stock tuen. I think the PCM ***** a brick and throws the code as it feels that it's slipping...
I had it scanned, its the passenger side O2, but I dont know what effect that would have... although it did come on 5 minutes after the stall was installed!!!!
Thanks though
Old 03-17-2004, 10:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by greentahoe
I had it scanned, its the passenger side O2, but I dont know what effect that would have... although it did come on 5 minutes after the stall was installed!!!!
Thanks though

LOL, then change that O2 sensor....

Well unless it's aft of the cats then something else may be amiss..
Old 03-17-2004, 11:00 PM
TECH Veteran

[QUOTE=TnTrk53]
First... what the hell couldn't you resist about? Trying to start something or what? If so I as well as other members have no time for pissing matches/frivolous information. It doesn't appear you have any proof to your claims that you are making. That's if you are trying to prove something. In any event, if you have nothing of importance to add please do not add your 2¢ to this thread.

A little Anger management may be in oder here.

Pissing matches/frivolous information

nothing of importance ?

Tell me how you made the 2 cent sign and it will be the first real info I've gotten from you in my 2 years here.

Here ya go smart ***... Alt+0162

If you think that's all I have to offer to people, **** boy you're sadly mistaken. That's why I get countless emails and PMs about tranny stuff from this board as well as the other many Ford and GM ones I am on.
Old 03-17-2004, 11:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by augiedog77
But you have edit!!!

Please before you attack me this was meant as a joke, don't take it the wrong way
I know I do man. I was just messin around when I posted that! But, that said my nod would still go to Allen! People have made more power with a Nelson tune and are happier with it.

As for the claim of HitMan not offering any pertinent information on this board, I have to disagree with that one. He has helped me NUMEROUS times. He also helped me weed out my false knock problem. Which had caused me problems for a long time. If I have a tranny related problem, guess who I go to for insight. Thats right, HitMan. Ive been asking him questions about servos and the TransGo for so long now. But I did finally decide what Im going to do thanks to him. He is a wealth of knowledge and many will atest to that. To comment on HitMans post on Westers tunes, I found it informative and factual! Because so far everybody on this board has said Westers tunes conservatively. This board isnt the only one where that information circulates. Thus so many people switching from Westers to Nelsons like the Nelson tune much more. I wouldnt bash somebody on this board just because they havent done me a personal favor or whatever. You attacked HitMan because you havent found a thread or post of his useful to you in 2 years. Give me a break buddy! He has started other threads and has posted other replies around here divulging countless tips, tricks, information and whatnot. HitMan is OK by me!!
Old 03-17-2004, 11:04 PM
TECH Addict

LOL, then change that O2 sensor....

Well unless it's aft of the cats then something else may be amiss..
Ya, that would probably be a good idea. I can get it from GM at cost, like $40 bucks. I just havent gotten around to it since 3 days ago my $700 head unit took a dump!!! A year and 3 months after I bought it!!

Quick Reply: Nelson Vs. Others