Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Nelson Vs. Others

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 11:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

green ... make sure it's plugged. They may have unplugged it and forgot to plug it back up. I did that once.

I gotta agree with HitMan here ... he has done his homework on the trannies. He's a pretty sharp guy on this kind of stuff. I know I'd take his suggetions into consideration.
Old 03-17-2004, 11:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by greentahoe
Ya, that would probably be a good idea. I can get it from GM at cost, like $40 bucks. I just havent gotten around to it since 3 days ago my $700 head unit took a dump!!! A year and 3 months after I bought it!!

Well make sure it's the O2 itself. If your cats are bad, stuck injector, etc that could cause whetever condition that presents itself now. If it's the Rear O2... just get them turned off via Edit and save the money for more power!
Old 03-17-2004, 11:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Flyer
green ... make sure it's plugged. They may have unplugged it and forgot to plug it back up. I did that once.

I gotta agree with HitMan here ... he has done his homework on the trannies. He's a pretty sharp guy on this kind of stuff. I know I'd take his suggetions into consideration.

Thanks man, I appreciate pats on the back like that. It means a lot to me at times like this.

If I was a total waste of space would I spend my time helping others with their problems? Doubtful. Like I said people come to me for info that I have...
Old 03-17-2004, 11:20 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Flyer
If you have a shift kit or a bigger converter, which I think you got the converter, you will notice it fall on it's face aftr it shifts. Even more annoying the converter will make the PCM think the tranny is slipping and pull timing and hold it out after the shift. It feels like when it shifts, your foot comes up for about a second and a half, then you give it more gas. It's not at all gradual feeling, it's like it's a switch when the timing comes up.

That's the best I know how to explain the torque management, maybe someone else can hit on what I missed.
That's EXACTLY how it feels Perfect description there...at least how my truck feels with a shift kit, stall and full TM
I'll have the ****** pedal to the floor and when it shifts...sometimes even when I'm not shifting...it will feel as if my foot is off the gas...thats TM
I've logged several times with EFI Live and when at WOT 1-2 shifts it goes from 28 degrees timing(I think) to -8 degrees...that's NEGATIVE 8 degrees timing.
TM pulls all that power to save the tranny...
Old 03-17-2004, 11:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Mine was pulling back to -10.

Abou tthat o2 code .... what was the code number. I can look it pu and tell you the definition. Than we can diagnose it a little better.
Old 03-17-2004, 11:55 PM
TECH Veteran

I logged just one time before I tuned out TM on my truck. I could not believe how much timig was going bye-bye between shifts. Just like Chin said, it was dipping into the negative numbers. Timing was even getting pulled with the A/C on too!
Old 03-18-2004, 12:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

I think the abuse mode is worth mentioning too ... that needs to be done away with as well.
Old 03-18-2004, 08:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 99Silver5.3
As for the claim of HitMan not offering any pertinent information on this board, I have to disagree with that one. He has helped me NUMEROUS times. He also helped me weed out my false knock problem. Which had caused me problems for a long time. If I have a tranny related problem, guess who I go to for insight. Thats right, HitMan. Ive been asking him questions about servos and the TransGo for so long now. But I did finally decide what Im going to do thanks to him. He is a wealth of knowledge and many will atest to that. To comment on HitMans post on Westers tunes, I found it informative and factual! Because so far everybody on this board has said Westers tunes conservatively. This board isnt the only one where that information circulates. Thus so many people switching from Westers to Nelsons like the Nelson tune much more. I wouldnt bash somebody on this board just because they havent done me a personal favor or whatever. You attacked HitMan because you havent found a thread or post of his useful to you in 2 years. Give me a break buddy! He has started other threads and has posted other replies around here divulging countless tips, tricks, information and whatnot. HitMan is OK by me!!
got the wrong guy, I only asked Hitman if he had a bad day

thanks for the reply 02denali, driven tunes
Old 03-18-2004, 08:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by augiedog77
got the wrong guy, I only asked Hitman if he had a bad day

thanks for the reply 02denali, driven tunes
Oops, sorry man! Guess I was asleep when I was typing.
Old 03-18-2004, 08:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 99Silver5.3
Oops, sorry man! Guess I was asleep when I was typing.

no problem, HAD to clear that up though (never know when you might need tranny advice)