Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Nelson VS. PCMforless

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 06:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nelson VS. PCMforless

I have seen a lot of discussion on here about westers vs nelson, and I am convinced that nelson tunes are badass, but I was wondering why most people chose him over Brian at PCMforless. I had brian tune my old 95 Z28 (bored, P&P heads, custom grind cam) and the tune was excellent. Also for my 03 SS it is only $250(after core is returned) and Nelsons is $370 after core is returned. I also talked to brian and he can do dual octane tuning and activate fan control just like Nelson can. Brian said on his 04 ss he got 32hp to the wheels, and I hear that the nelson tune is similar in the power. So what was your reason for going nelson or pcmforless. Seems like a lot more people go nelson, and just wanted to know why before I went one way or the other.

Aaron
Old 07-25-2004, 06:57 PM
Staging Lane

Thumbs up

I know first hand that Nelson's was the friendliest and best service I've gotten anywhere, and just for that fact they've got a lifetime customer. You just don't get service like that anymore.
Old 07-25-2004, 07:04 PM
Formerly one92rs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

i have gained over 4 tenths of second over westers. and yes it is cheaper at first to go with pcmforless but i beliove that updates are only free for 30 days. after that there is a flat rate charge. for the nelson price it is free upgrades for the life of that vehicle. i think that nelson is by far the best due to his ability to tune,excellent customer service,and great advice. good luck.
Old 07-25-2004, 07:07 PM
TECH Addict

I think nelson really knows how to tune but id be careful, seems he let his new found fame go straight to his head.

I remember when he was practically begging me to get a tune from him and now people cant even get replies from him.
Old 07-25-2004, 08:17 PM
Formerly one92rs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

i dont think allen has begged anyone to get his tune. i know that for a fact. as for him noit being around he has been out of town and also been getting together with STS to become a dealer and tune for them. his dyno is also coming along as well as being busy on installations and tunes.
Old 07-25-2004, 08:49 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 02denali
i dont think allen has begged anyone to get his tune. i know that for a fact.
So you've read all my PM's and emails with him since I first started talking to him? Yea... I know for a fact you havent. Plus I said "practically", common man we know allen is SUPER busy latley and customer service has been slacking. Ive heard it from multiple people.

But I will add that allens tune will be better than probly any tune you get anywhere else, not to mention he offers the upgrades
Old 07-26-2004, 01:02 AM
TECH Resident

"GM Trucks/SUV 99/00: $375
01/02: $425
03/04: $490 <------------------
F-body/Vette: $425"

I thought it was that much. I would be super happy if it was only $370 - I would do it much quicker.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I was under the impression that it was an initial $490, but you get back $120 when you send in your old one. If it is $490 AFTER you return the core, then I think that I would definately go with pcmforless. $240 extra wouldn't be worth it to me, because I know that brian is a good tuner, and I have had good luck with him before. I still think that it is only $370 with nelson after core. Someone correct me if I am wrong. The free tunes for life sure would be nice though, because I am sure that I would use it.

Aaron
Old 07-26-2004, 11:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

So your saying that after you get your tune from Brian that you arent going to do any more mods or if you do it will be within 30 days? I am on my 4th tune from Allen in 3-4 months and I know that I will be getting 2 more in the near future! I know that after I got my tune from Nelson that triggered a even stronger need for performance!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-26-2004, 12:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No, I am not saying that I will never get another tune, but I am not going to be changing the tune every month either. This is why I am trying to find out from everyone what the real difference is. I don't think that brian's re-tunes are that expensive, but I don't know for sure. I guess that I will just try to find out from him. Any more opinions are welcome.

Aaron

Quick Reply: Nelson VS. PCMforless