Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Nelson VS. PCMforless

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 03:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I spoke with Candy at futral racing today. They are fixing to be having a special on their Tunes. I think she told me that they were normally $450 but they are going to be doing them for $350 for a week or so. Call and get the details. We all know how fast them trucks out of louisianna are, and futral seems to be the place they are coming from.
Old 07-26-2004, 04:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Texas Speed has started offering tunes for $250 and free updates for 45 days, $50 each after that. Check it out here.
Old 07-26-2004, 06:03 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What does Nelson charge for shipping on the updates though? If I have seen correctly Westers is $45 or something like that on the updates shipping and Nelson's I though was around the same. Thus our $50 for updates that INCLUDES shipping seems right on target to me. I like Allen and have talked with him a few times and I believe he does good work. He and I both do the same things to make power for you guys and offer a very comparable product.
Old 07-26-2004, 07:36 PM
Formerly one92rs

Talking

All prices do not include shipping charges to customer.
Please add: $10 for ground shipping
Please add: $20 for 2-3 day shipping
Please add: $30 for 2 day shipping
Please add: $35 for 1 day Overnight shipping
The customer is responsible for shipping charges when returning PCM core. Core charges will be assessed to BUYER in the event Nelson Performance does not eceive core within 21 days of Purchase. On the 22 day from purchase, BUYER’s credit card will be charged $150.00 in the event Nelson Performance does not receive the PCM core. Nelson Performance is not will not make any further notification to the BUYER before the core charge is assessed..
Texas customers will be charged sales tax.
Every PCM comes with a 30 day money-back guarantee.
Call for details and questions.
Old 07-26-2004, 08:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 02denali
All prices do not include shipping charges to customer.
Please add: $10 for ground shipping

On the 22 day from purchase, BUYER’s credit card will be charged $150.00 in the event Nelson Performance does not receive the PCM core.

Texas customers will be charged sales tax

Every PCM comes with a 30 day money-back guarantee.
So basically A nelson tune IS going to be $490, and if I want to keep my stock PCM I will have to pay an additional $150? That sure does seem like a bit much. Also, I would have to pay tax on the Nelson tune which is going to be an extra $40.42

On the other hand you do have the $50 retune each for pcmforless instead of the $10 retune. That still makes it to where I would have to do 7 re-tunes before I would make up the difference in initial cost. I am sure that I would eventually get a re-tune, but I am definately not going to get a retune every time I add a CAI, or a Catback.

Anyone else want to chime in and give your opinion?
Old 07-27-2004, 12:47 AM
TECH Resident

I am a cheap *** so but I won't sacrifice quality. If Brian offers the same quality why would I not want to save $280.
Old 07-27-2004, 02:37 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 02denali
BUYER’s credit card will be charged $150.00 in the event Nelson Performance does not receive the PCM core. Nelson Performance is not will not make any further notification to the BUYER before the core charge is assessed.
150 for a PCM? Wow... they sell online all day for 40-50 bucks. Talk about a markup.
Old 07-27-2004, 05:59 AM
Formerly one92rs

Exclamation

you know i think it is very funny!!!!!!! we will spend up to $1000 on exhaust. we will spend up to and over$500 for a cam and springs. we will spend around $100 to $250 on an intake and much more on other mods. and yet we are going to sacrifice pure performance in a tune for a few dollars. to me if you are wanting a cheap tune then go get it.if it is a few dollars that is going to make up your mind over the other then it is your sacrifice. i think a few dollars extra is well worth it. hell its what makes the truck run. and run good. i cant knock pcmforless. but i can tell you that due to the amount of tuning and success stories that nelsons is the way to go IMO. why cinch on a tune when you will splurge twice as much on little things. knock allen all you want on price. but why do we spend more on what is suppose to be the best upgrade part and get cheap on the very thing that makes it all come together.
Old 07-27-2004, 11:32 AM
On The Tree

wow... you guys are scaring me!! I want a tuned pcm BUT with all this going back and forth I might just stick to my used handheld. It seems like one says go by price=quality..another says quality can be had for less.. others say do what you want.

Are all these tuners,ie the actually company, using the same software?? It seems to me if everyone is using the same software and dyno's and trucks and such then it should all be about the same correct???

I guess i will just stay handheld... seems safer that way.
Old 07-27-2004, 12:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Bonedog
It seems like one says go by price=quality..another says quality can be had for less.. others say do what you want.
Dont forget people have loyalties to certain people (look at some signatures).
You will no doubt have a great tune from allen, providing you dont want great customer service, and are willing to pay the "little" extra money for it. If you want to keep your stock PCM, buy another one for 50 bucks and send it to allen instead of paying the 150 he charges.

BTW- do yourself a favor and dont stay handheld. You wont get anywhere near as good a tune as a custom one, no matter who you get it from.

Quick Reply: Nelson VS. PCMforless