Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Nelson VS. PCMforless

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 12:38 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02denali
you know i think it is very funny!!!!!!! we will spend up to $1000 on exhaust. we will spend up to and over$500 for a cam and springs. we will spend around $100 to $250 on an intake and much more on other mods. and yet we are going to sacrifice pure performance in a tune for a few dollars. to me if you are wanting a cheap tune then go get it.if it is a few dollars that is going to make up your mind over the other then it is your sacrifice. i think a few dollars extra is well worth it. hell its what makes the truck run. and run good. i cant knock pcmforless. but i can tell you that due to the amount of tuning and success stories that nelsons is the way to go IMO. why cinch on a tune when you will splurge twice as much on little things. knock allen all you want on price. but why do we spend more on what is suppose to be the best upgrade part and get cheap on the very thing that makes it all come together.
I agree with 02denali, I mean I am probably as cheap or maybe cheaper than anyone in here but like 02denali said, we spend more on other things that don't help half as mutch as a custom tune so why go cheap when it comes to the brain of the hole operation. I myself am waiting on one by Nelson, I called him on friday night, but they were already closed since I am in Washington it's a two hour diference. So I filled in his online form, and gave him a call on monday morning, he already had my form in hand and was starting on it, he was very helpfull in all the questions that I had for him and seemed very friendly. I got an e-mail this morning from him with the tracking number. If you ask me that is very good and fast service. . .
Old 07-28-2004, 12:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I too like the nelson tune. I want to get it in the near future. Possibly after a cam install. We are installing Whoop ***' tune tomorrow if it gets here. Hey Whoop *** update your sig vato, you aint driving a bigfoot no more! LOL
Old 07-28-2004, 05:32 AM
Launching!

We offer a service for some of the earlier cars where you can add on a charge and get unlimited updates via emails (unfortunately won't work on OBD2 cars unless you own LS1 edit or HP Tuners software), but would you guys be interested in us possibly adding a "unlimited service plan" where you can add it to your programming order and then have unlimited updates (plus shipping) ready and waiting? I tried to keep it very affordable on the update charge and it is mainly there just for the extra handling of the PCM's when they come for an update. Also, I believe it helps show that we are interested in your business not only now, but in the future. If in say 3 or 4 years things slow up and the biggest part of the work coming in for the other guys is free updates, is there an incentive to keep that part of the business running? Whereas even if it is just a nominal $50 (minus shipping, which also includes boxes, tape, shipping employee, etc...) that repeat business in the future may be important to the business. Just asking here to get an opinion on what you guys prefer? Also, I am not a sponsor of this board, so if I do offend any other sponsors (don't see the other two or three big names in this post listed as sponsors) please let me know and I will remove this. I am just trying to get a feel for what you guys are looking for.
Thanks,
Bryan
PS- I don't make it to this board often so emails direct always work better than PM's.
Old 07-28-2004, 10:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Why do the newer trucks cost more to tune? How much will a almost bone stock truck like mine get from a Nelson tune....87 octane used...?
Old 07-28-2004, 10:57 PM
TECH Regular

I paid for the nelson tune. I am happy with it. I got a pulley for the truck damn cheap. He was lacking in support for a while there on the phone, but I haven't tried within the last 2 weeks. I have seen 4 emails in the last 2 months though asking how the truck was running and if I needed anything else. Pretty good to me.
Old 07-29-2004, 01:27 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by retsell
I paid for the nelson tune. I am happy with it. I got a pulley for the truck damn cheap. He was lacking in support for a while there on the phone, but I haven't tried within the last 2 weeks. I have seen 4 emails in the last 2 months though asking how the truck was running and if I needed anything else. Pretty good to me.
Weird, I haven't gotten any e-mails. Just one awhile back asking if I sent in the core PCM. I then IMed him asking if he got it and got no response.
Old 07-29-2004, 02:35 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, my turnaround time on emails from Allen seems to be 1-2 weeks or more. Dunno what's up with that. I have an email that I sent out on 7/21 and I haven't received a reply yet.

But if I really needed to get a hold of him I guess I could always call....
Old 07-29-2004, 05:29 AM
Formerly one92rs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

the newer pcm's cost more than the older ones since there are less on the market. they change from 02 to 03 and 04. from 99 to 02 they will all work. from 03 to 04 they are different. thus costing more for alln to get them.im sure pcmforless charges for cores as well.
Old 07-29-2004, 09:18 AM
Teching In

My .02 cents...

02denali- I really doubt a Nelson tune was 4/10ths quicker than a Westers tune...I'm sure Lyndon would have retuned his box for ya if it was'nt quit right...I went from a PPG to a Westers tune and it was a over 3 truck lengths faster which is more than 4/10ths-(enough to out run an SS with 2500HD CCSB)

BTW- I would rather buy a program from the TEACHER than the student-IMHO-BJ
Old 07-29-2004, 10:32 PM
TECH Regular

I rode in Whoop ***' truck today he raced I8AHEMI good race whoop *** won. Any way I was very impressed with Nelson's tune I rode on that thing the day before the pcm install and there was a very significant gain in power... I saw what nelson does but i'm still interested in Bryans tune If it's any thing close to a Nelson tune i'll be happy, for $240 less, it gives me room for the crank pulley. Bryan give me numbers on a tune for an 04 SS pick up and a 99 Camaro SS... reply here or e-mail @ sswicho@aol.com T.A.D

Quick Reply: Nelson VS. PCMforless