Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Nelson VS. PCMforless

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2004, 01:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by 02denali
augiedog----he put in a box tune thatevening to see what it would do for the difference. all tqm and then did a reg timing tune on it. .4 was the result.
cool
Old 07-31-2004, 01:18 PM
TECH Addict

chingon----what are you using to log it? if any tqm is present the pcm will be able to pull timing. do you have a shift kit? servo's?. if so then the pcm will sense abuse and pull timing.

mac----autotap is what i am using to see if it is pulling timing. that and i watched allen zero out all the tables.mine will climb to 34 to 36 when i go to shift and then back to 29 after the shift and climb again.
We are both using atap to log. I guess it makes sense since he has a little TQM left in there and also has a shiftkit and servos.

Sounds like you got yours right where chingy wants his. So 0% on all tables is the trick?
Old 07-31-2004, 05:51 PM
Formerly one92rs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

yay buddy it is. a shift kit and servo are causing it to see abuse when it shifts. take out all tqm and that will solve the problem. any tqm whatsoever will pull the most amount of timing. take it all out with shift kit and servo's.
Old 07-31-2004, 07:28 PM
11 Second Club

yay buddy it is. a shift kit and servo are causing it to see abuse when it shifts. take out all tqm and that will solve the problem. any tqm whatsoever will pull the most amount of timing. take it all out with shift kit and servo's.
I believe throttle position dictates abuse during shifts. The computer doesn't know the truck has a shift kit or servo.
Old 08-01-2004, 04:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlueSS
jimbo did bryan tune ur SS??? If so how did it work, and what are you running? I am trying to get a tune for an 04 SS...

Bryan hasn't tuned my SS. He tuned an old camaro of mine(hence the screen name) And it was awesome. That was OBD1 instead of OBD2 also.
Old 08-01-2004, 08:58 PM
TECH Regular

Thanx for the reply I was waitin on it... Well I want to tune my camaro too but that's in texas right now, for now I want to tune the SS pickup. I'm giving him a call tomorrow. If you get urs tuned by him before I do, please let me know how it worked. I read somewhere in this thread that he got 32 hp to the wheels out of an 04 SS. If that's true that's killer, let's see what he says tomm if I can talk to him...
Old 08-12-2004, 12:28 AM
Teching In

Question

02denali...just for grins...can you scan/post the 2 time slips from that night of racing?? westers vs nelson...BJ

BTW- I did call Linden and I have 25% TQM left in since my trans is stock (any more on a stock trans is not recomended I guess) all I know is with the PPG the shifts were firm but they had that "drop into gear" feeling were now it feels like a manual valve body- the truck actually jumps forward from the shift.
Old 08-12-2004, 02:04 AM
On The Tree

Aaron, you sure know how to stir things up. Anyway I have to put in my two cents...PCMFORLESS IMO is the way to go. Brian replied to all my emails in a timely fashion, except when he went out of town, which I think was acceptable. The flash on the first computer did however mess up, but he fixed it immediately, no questions asked, and the second PCM worked out great! He is easy to work with, does a good job, and best of all is very affordable. Anyway, I'd go with PCMFORLESS, even though paying more to get more sounds good and all, but with Brian I got more and paid less.

Chad
Old 08-12-2004, 02:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

I've been debating on a tune myself and after reading all the threads here and there, I'll give pcmforless a try. Everyone is so gung-ho for nelson's tune, I'll go with the underdog so to speak! Plus if I ever have a problem and I dont get an email for a week or two or more, I'll be one pissed off person and I'm not too far from S.A. to make a drive.
Old 08-12-2004, 06:17 AM
Formerly one92rs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

no sir i lost all of my time slips during this last move. but there were at least 20 people that saw the results.

oh yay if throttle position dictates tqm then why when a shift kit and servo's are installed the truck falls on its face after the shift wheter at wot of 75% throttle. the pcm senses a hard shift and pulls timing with transmission tqm.

Quick Reply: Nelson VS. PCMforless