Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Nelson's tune

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 10:38 PM
sfj
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all of our sponsors are great but the one that helped me the most and seemed the most interested in me was allen so he got my business and he was worth every penny (allen you know who it is) rock on allen keep kickin ****
Old 01-20-2005, 10:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

I got a tune from Allen Nelson and damn, it is amazing! I have a 2000 as well and didn't have to do the pass-key relearn, so maybe you won't have to. The difference is like night and day.
Old 01-21-2005, 12:39 AM
14 Second Truck Club

When did you become a sponsor Allen?
Old 01-21-2005, 01:41 AM
Staging Lane

Default Trust Me!

Originally Posted by 00blue53
I've been reading up on the different tunes and decided to go with a custom tune instead of a hand held. I have a few questions though. I read on their site that theres a chance of having a pass key problem where the engine wont start, how common is this? Another thing that I havn't seen are too many prices. How much does a tune go from them for a 2000 silverado 5.3 w/ a 93 octane tune. Also I only have a volant intake and exhaust on the truck, will I really notice a difference worth the money? I plan on updating the truck later on but it will be way later, trying to save for a house now.
Hey friend, listen to what I'm going to tell you.
I work for GM as a GM Dealership Parts & Service Manager. I see all kinds of things come through my service bays on a daily basis. I find DiabloSport Tunes and Hypertech Tunes on PCM's on all kinds of Trucks and Cars that are even under GM Warranty! Now, just because I'm cool, I won't kick a warranty on behalf of an aftermarket tune or program or Pipes, Cold Air or what have you. Do what you want, because GM pays good money for warranty work, and I won't turn it down.

However, our GM Tech II Scan/Diagnostic Tool will not pick up a NelsonPerformance PCM Tune! Allen Nelson, knows his S*it, and he programs a "ghost" program that can not be detected by a GM Factory Sacntool!! And the program that Allen Nelson installs, has the latest and greatest GM Factory Program Updates in his "custom" tune! That means you have the newest warranty info and characteristics that they reccomend. Plus, his tunes are in depth! He can program your shift points for a mild all the way to wild shift points either at regular throttle or Wide Open Throttle! He can disable or at least turn down the Torque Management, which will give you more power and better take-off and Torque Management keeps you from spinning your tires the way you want too! Allen can adjust your timing, fuel trims, fuel inj. pulse bandwidth and even idle characterisitcs! He will custom program an "tune" for anything you've done or will do to your truck! Like Cold Air Induction, Dual Exhaust, Straight Exhaust, Bigger Injectors or even Cams or Blowers. And he includes "free updates" for the life of you owning the truck! If you upgrade a performance part, call NelsonPerformance, because Allen will send you and updated PCM for FREE!!!!!!

So, fellow LS1 Truck Fanatic, what's not to like about a Nelson Tune? Try it, because you won't be dissapointed, and if you are dissapointed.....I'll buy your Nelson Tuned PCM from you and send you a GM Original Factory Tuned PCM in it's place!!

If you have any further questions, PM me, or email me and I'll answer anything I can remotely answer!

josh_evanz@hotmail.com or chevymanje@earthlink.net
Old 01-21-2005, 01:57 AM
Staging Lane

Thumbs up Hey Allen!

Originally Posted by FarmTruc
The passkey routine was common a while back, every once in a while someone will run into this, but it's not likely. I'll take care of it in the tune.
The price for a 2000 truck is $375, and don't forget, free updates!

Thanks for considering us as your tuner!

allen
Hey Allen, I'm singing your praises to this guy, because he really don't know what he's missing with your tune!

Allen, tell anyone who asks, if they contact me, I'll teach them how to get a Freeze-Frame Live Feed data, and it'll help you tune to the "max"!!!

As always, Allen, if you need any GM Technical information, let me know, because I got you bro!
Old 01-21-2005, 01:58 AM
On The Tree

Allen, it looks like you have a new marketing spokesperson here!!! He's pretty good too!
Old 01-21-2005, 02:04 AM
Staging Lane

Default Thanx for the kudow's

Originally Posted by BowtieKyle
Allen, it looks like you have a new marketing spokesperson here!!! He's pretty good too!
Thanx Kyle, I appreciate the kudow's. I try to pride myself in Knowing about the newest GM Technology. If you or any friends need any advice or help....let me know!
Old 01-21-2005, 02:09 AM
On The Tree

Thanks man, are you affiliated with GM as in being a Parts Salesman or Manager as hinted by your name?
Old 01-21-2005, 02:48 AM
Staging Lane

Allen,
Which tune is better, yours or Westers?????
Old 01-21-2005, 03:11 AM
Staging Lane

Default Fair not Biased

Originally Posted by eurosys
Allen,
Which tune is better, yours or Westers?????
Not knocking anyone's "tune" or any one person/company's work, but from what Ive seen and experianced, NelsonPerformance has a better tune for power, because Wester's is a good product, but it's little more conservative.

Quick Reply: Nelson's tune