Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Nelson's tune

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 06:11 AM
Formerly one92rs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

i have had westers and it sucked compared to my nelson tune.
Old 01-21-2005, 06:56 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another VERY HAPPY Nelson customer here.
Old 01-21-2005, 07:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by GMPartsGuy
Hey friend, listen to what I'm going to tell you.
I work for GM as a GM Dealership Parts & Service Manager. I see all kinds of things come through my service bays on a daily basis. I find DiabloSport Tunes and Hypertech Tunes on PCM's on all kinds of Trucks and Cars that are even under GM Warranty! Now, just because I'm cool, I won't kick a warranty on behalf of an aftermarket tune or program or Pipes, Cold Air or what have you. Do what you want, because GM pays good money for warranty work, and I won't turn it down.

However, our GM Tech II Scan/Diagnostic Tool will not pick up a NelsonPerformance PCM Tune! Allen Nelson, knows his S*it, and he programs a "ghost" program that can not be detected by a GM Factory Sacntool!! And the program that Allen Nelson installs, has the latest and greatest GM Factory Program Updates in his "custom" tune! That means you have the newest warranty info and characteristics that they reccomend. Plus, his tunes are in depth! He can program your shift points for a mild all the way to wild shift points either at regular throttle or Wide Open Throttle! He can disable or at least turn down the Torque Management, which will give you more power and better take-off and Torque Management keeps you from spinning your tires the way you want too! Allen can adjust your timing, fuel trims, fuel inj. pulse bandwidth and even idle characterisitcs! He will custom program an "tune" for anything you've done or will do to your truck! Like Cold Air Induction, Dual Exhaust, Straight Exhaust, Bigger Injectors or even Cams or Blowers. And he includes "free updates" for the life of you owning the truck! If you upgrade a performance part, call NelsonPerformance, because Allen will send you and updated PCM for FREE!!!!!!

So, fellow LS1 Truck Fanatic, what's not to like about a Nelson Tune? Try it, because you won't be dissapointed, and if you are dissapointed.....I'll buy your Nelson Tuned PCM from you and send you a GM Original Factory Tuned PCM in it's place!!

If you have any further questions, PM me, or email me and I'll answer anything I can remotely answer!

josh_evanz@hotmail.com or chevymanje@earthlink.net
Nothing against Allen, but dood .. you may wanna wipe this poop off your nose from that one.

All this can be done with any tuner, be it from Nelson, MTI, Futral, etc.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Whistlin00
When did you become a sponsor Allen?
Officially, last night.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:28 AM
On The Tree

I'm dying here.....I can almost "feel" a Nelson tune.......I just need the funds!
Old 01-21-2005, 09:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Flyer
Nothing against Allen, but dood .. you may wanna wipe this poop off your nose from that one.

All this can be done with any tuner, be it from Nelson, MTI, Futral, etc.
LMAO
Old 01-21-2005, 09:55 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE=GMPartsGuy] Do what you want, because GM pays good money for warranty work, and I won't turn it down.[/QUOTE=GMPartsGuy]

Please let us all know where your dealership is! I have a few things I need replaced!!

[QUOTE=GMPartsGuy]However, our GM Tech II Scan/Diagnostic Tool will not pick up a NelsonPerformance PCM Tune! Allen Nelson, knows his S*it, and he programs a "ghost" program that can not be detected by a GM Factory Sacntool!! [/QUOTE=GMPartsGuy]

This is true the Tech II will not know if ANY tune has been installed. If the tech running the scan tool knows what he is looking for in the data, then yes he can tell if something has been modified. If he cant tell it has been modified, he is either in need of training or there is nothing changed in the PCM
Old 01-21-2005, 09:57 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Do what you want, because GM pays good money for warranty work, and I won't turn it down.
Please let us all know where your dealership is! I have a few things I need replaced!!

However, our GM Tech II Scan/Diagnostic Tool will not pick up a NelsonPerformance PCM Tune! Allen Nelson, knows his S*it, and he programs a "ghost" program that can not be detected by a GM Factory Sacntool!!
This is true the Tech II will not know if ANY tune has been installed. If the tech running the scan tool knows what he is looking for in the data, then yes he can tell if something has been modified. If he cant tell it has been modified, he is either in need of training or there is nothing changed in the PCM
Old 01-21-2005, 10:25 AM
Staging Lane

Well that pretty much made up my mind. As soon as payday pops back around I'll be ordering my tune.
Old 01-21-2005, 01:29 PM
Teching In

I have been building my truck a piece at a time, and Allen has supported me all along the way. I think he has provideded me with 3-4 Tunes to match what I have been doing. Not only do I think that he knows what he is doing, but I can also confirm his service is second to none!

Quick Reply: Nelson's tune