Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

new 1/8 times for the hemi. choppin em down

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 06:35 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my previous run was 8.4 at 86 i think, when i say i missed a gear. i mean that i left it in drive and let it shift it self. it went to far and hit the rev limiter before shifting to second. and again before third.

you all think that chevy is the only way to have a fast truck. im not even gonna post the slip. wont do any good, ive heard them all. anyone can post up a fast slip.....crap.

i dont need you to believe me, i was just posting new times. take it as you want it.
Old 11-09-2004, 09:02 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by BADMOFO
That's probrobally not a good idea to tell everyone that you're name is Billy Hall and your tag number is 8NPY83. There are a lot of nut cases on the internet and I wouldn't go around repeating my full name and my tag number.

Old 11-09-2004, 09:31 PM
TECH Resident

Hello Guys,
I am really not sure of Back in Blacks times as I have yet to see a time slip, BUT I do have some new times for mine. Here is the link to DTW as I really don't want to have to try to upload a gallery here yet.

http://dodgetruckworld.tenmagazines....os=1&id=117319

The thread has the complete explanation, If I can keep from bouncing off the rev limiter ( every slip had a one , our shifters are crap ) and I can hook the thimg up with a 125 shot I might be able to get to ohhh 12.60 .... I am assuming that a 7.86 X 1.57 for the 1/4 mile is the correct conversion that would be a 12.34, is that right?
Granted there are a few if's in my assumption which I will have to put to the test sometime soon and I really do not like using the laughing gas but it does seem to be the only option for serious go fast for the Hemi crowd at this time.... bummer
Not all of us weigh quite that much, my last race weight was 4672# and I know of one other guy that is about 200 or so pounds lighter than mine as his was the stripper truck and mine is fairly loaded. I myself want to know what Back in Black is doing to hook that thing up...
Not trying to start any flame wars here so please don't take it that way, just trying to show our side of the coin....

TJ
Old 11-09-2004, 09:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by MrDestinE
Hello Guys,
I am really not sure of Back in Blacks times as I have yet to see a time slip, BUT I do have some new times for mine. Here is the link to DTW as I really don't want to have to try to upload a gallery here yet.

http://dodgetruckworld.tenmagazines....os=1&id=117319

The thread has the complete explanation, If I can keep from bouncing off the rev limiter ( every slip had a one , our shifters are crap ) and I can hook the thimg up with a 125 shot I might be able to get to ohhh 12.60 .... I am assuming that a 7.86 X 1.57 for the 1/4 mile is the correct conversion that would be a 12.34, is that right?
Granted there are a few if's in my assumption which I will have to put to the test sometime soon and I really do not like using the laughing gas but it does seem to be the only option for serious go fast for the Hemi crowd at this time.... bummer
Not all of us weigh quite that much, my last race weight was 4672# and I know of one other guy that is about 200 or so pounds lighter than mine as his was the stripper truck and mine is fairly loaded. I myself want to know what Back in Black is doing to hook that thing up...
Not trying to start any flame wars here so please don't take it that way, just trying to show our side of the coin....

TJ
motor runs, lets see those motor run numbers .... Just messin with you. Nice times, I can't remember what mods you had, but from what I can tell, the Hemis are all over the place with times. I see some run really good with bolt ons and some not so good. If you run a low 12 on bolt ons and a 125 shot, I give this to ya. Good luck with traction and the shifter.
Old 11-09-2004, 09:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by back in black' a.k.a. 'Holla If Ya HEMI
i went saturday and borrowed a friends superchips, and got two runs in, one with programmer, and one without.

first run was witout programmer and i sprayed immediately up shifting to second. time was 8.40 at 86mph.

second run was with 87oct super chips with 500+rpms and 140speed limmiter. i just left it in drive and let it shift itself. i sprayed right at the end of the 60 ft. i could have gained a tad if i would have held second for a bit longer.

7.86 at 90even.

no vid but i do have timeslips and a bunch of freaked out people at redline. g/f was waiting with my slips and as she jumped into the truck there was about 20 guys walking to my truck, as i started to drive away they started running and hollaring, but i had my window up and pretended to not hear them.

i wanted to leave them in suspense.
So ... from that you're saying that the programmer gave you .54 in the 1/8??

Yea, I'm sticking to my gut on this one.
Old 11-09-2004, 10:02 PM
TECH Resident

Thankx SlowProcess,
You are quite right, Hemis are ALL over the place on times and chances are when you line up against one ( not much of a problem for you or Flyer ) they wont be running much better than a very high 14 to mid 15. At this time only the 03's may present a slight threat. The traction will be my biggest issue. ( working on that now ) oh and let's not forget the tuning issue, you all know that SuperChips leaves MUCH to be desired but that is all there is. I feel fortunate to be able to get my Hemi down to the times it is running with so little but it is still not fast enough! LOL BTW my slips are posted at that link for any who wish to see.

Flyer, it is really hard not to agree with you I would like to at least see slips myself.

TJ
Old 11-10-2004, 07:01 AM
Formerly one92rs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

hey mrdestini hows it going. i know for a fact that mrdestini runs good. i have seen him at the gtg's at baytown. not sure about the other guy.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:28 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by back in black
you all think that chevy is the only way to have a fast truck. im not even gonna post the slip. wont do any good, ive heard them all. anyone can post up a fast slip.....crap.
I don't think that's the case at all... Everyone here is REALLY surprised at your results, and are 'calling BS' because you didn't provide any form of proof...
Old 11-10-2004, 11:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't think that's the case at all... Everyone here is REALLY surprised at your results, and are 'calling BS' because you didn't provide any form of proof...

Couldn't have said it better myself
Old 11-10-2004, 07:49 PM
Launching!

the"PROGRAMMER" actually didnt give me .54, it was the raising of the rev limiter to let it shift. it was hitting the rev limiter before shifting. all i did was raise the rev limiter so that it wouldnt hit it.

shift point is 5700, rev limiter was 5800. i set rev limiter to 6200, and it overreved to 6000. and shifted. so i had 200rpm leeway there. that is what made the difference. along with me pulling almost the whole 60ft on spray compared to the whole 60 n/a.

Quick Reply: new 1/8 times for the hemi. choppin em down