Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

New 3v F150 Whipple

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 06:33 AM
MOOBIES Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New 3v F150 Whipple

Did a little reading last night on the article in Truckin' about the new Whipple supercharger kit for the 3v 5.4 trucks. It supposedly puts ~450rwhp/600rwtq at 8psi on a stock motor!

The supercharger was described as a 2.3L, "3 male 5 female" screw unit. I'm not 100% on what all that means, but maybe this could be an upgrade to the compressor that the Chevy truck guys are using?

We might have to start watching out for F150's here shortly!
Old 08-06-2004, 06:33 AM
MOOBIES Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Power from tip in to redline, the new Whipple SC system for the new 2004 5.4L 3 valve engines make over 50% power across the entire rpm range. With the massive Ford Lightning 8” intercooler mounted inside the new ilntake manifold, the 2.3L Whipple twin screw supercharger creates nearly 8psi of boost with virtually zero increase in air temperature. A reflashed ECU takes care of all the necessary engine functions including the new higher flowing fuel injectors, complete knock control, transmission operation and spark. Systems come complete with a new high-flow air intake system, high-flow fuel injectors, intake manifold, air-to-water intercooler, air-bypass system and all the necessary parts for a simple installation.

No other supercharger kit on the market today can compete with the power throughout the entire rpm range nor the reliability and durability of the package. Whipple Superchargers perform more OEM style testing on each package than most supercharger companies combined. This research and development gives you the peace of mind that your vehicle will run reliably and efficiently. Other companies supply you with rising rate regulators (FMU’s), something that simply does not meet an acceptable standard.

Whipple Features:
• Instant boost, zero lag time
• No complicated air ducting like air-to-air intercooled systems
• 2.3L twin-screw supercharger (as used on the Ford GT and future Lightning)
• Massive Ford Lightning intercooler core
• Looks factory installed
• Most advanced system available today
• Reflashed factory ECU for industry leading reliability and operation
• Self contained oil system, no tapping oil pan
• Boost-a-pump for increased fuel flow
• Simple “do-it-yourself” installation
Old 08-06-2004, 07:12 AM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I read that article too. I was impressed with the design and completeness of the kit, not to mention the fact that they don't seem to have the transmission gremlins that we have with the GM products.
Old 08-06-2004, 08:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

they don't have the problems yet becasue it's brand new and no one has put it to the test. All I know is I have driven 2 ext cab and quad cab f150 with the 3v 5.4 and they need all the help they can get not to fall all over their self. they ride great and are quiet but they are dogs, they really feel slower the the 2v 5.4 that we had IMO.
Old 08-06-2004, 09:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Maybe one day they (whipple) will make something like that for a GM truck.
Old 08-06-2004, 09:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BADMOFO
....not to mention the fact that they don't seem to have the transmission gremlins that we have with the GM products.
Hah! Are you kidding? Even the 4L60-E is superior to Ford's offerings. Did you know the Lightning actually kills fuel to four cylinders to shift? Yup...
Old 08-06-2004, 09:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

now that is something interesting I didn't know. I didi know the ford tranny was weak but I ddin't know how they got by with it.
Old 08-06-2004, 10:59 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by cstchevy
now that is something interesting I didn't know. I didi know the ford tranny was weak but I ddin't know how they got by with it.
most ford automatics are.... ask the mustang guys
Old 08-06-2004, 12:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Sweet, some new compitition. Hey, where them Hyped Hemis at? lol
Old 08-06-2004, 01:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by BenKey
Maybe one day they (whipple) will make something like that for a GM truck.
Man...After mentioning to Whipple that I ilke their blower, but the system as a whole needs some work, I just got an e-mail from Kyle at Whipple stating that their system would always have the piggyback computer, and the 2 extra injectors, and if I didn't like it, then buy a Magnacharger. Guess where my money'll go!!!

Quick Reply: New 3v F150 Whipple