Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

New 3v F150 Whipple

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 01:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Snake Eater
Sweet, some new compitition. Hey, where them Hyped Hemis at? lol
Man, that's a sweet looking kit and even more impressive ouotput!
Us Hemi guys are screwed because Dodge corporate will NOT cough up the computer codes. Kenne Bell has been promising a SC for us since the 2002 SEMA show. Just this week they posted a "gave up" for the 2003 Hemi due to computer issues and a whole new computer design for the 04+ models. KB will still pursue the 04+ for both cars and trucks, just not us 2003 losers. Dammit Jim! ( Dr. McCoy quote )
Old 08-06-2004, 01:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wkdivr
...I just got an e-mail from Kyle at Whipple stating that their system would always have the piggyback computer, and the 2 extra injectors, and if I didn't like it, then buy a Magnacharger...
Wow, that doesn't sound like the Whipple I'm familiar with. I don't know if anyone here would remember, Whipple used to have a forum of their own. I spent a lot of time on that forum in its hayday. It wasn't well moderated and they ultimately closed it down due to mis-information being spread. Back then Dustin W. and Dennis M. would participate in some of the discussions on product refinement. It was really cool to have the guys who actually come up with the stuff participating in discussion of that nature. Even later on, after the forum was closed down, I had several communications with Dustin over various issues. He's a really cool guy who's just as enthusiastic about this stuff as we are. I've talked to Shonda a few times too. Dennis left Whipple a while back and appeared ona few forums. I recognized him immediately. He's another guy who was really into into his work. Dennis speaks PCM fluently. I can't remember the name of the guy that took his place... I know there's someone there named Steve... Anyway, I guess my point is that a response like you got from Kyle seems like the inverse from my prior experience with these folks. My impressions have always been that the people at Whipple are the kind you could sit around drinking beers with for hours on end talking cars.

Also, did any else see the recent episode of "Rides" on TLC where they took an Expedition belongs to Christopher Titus's wife and installed a Whipple Supercharger? They took it to Whipple's own facility and Dustin did a lot of the work personally. They dynoed it before and after and got huge increases before even tuning it. It seemed stong and looked good, but it's still a Ford. haa
Old 08-06-2004, 02:00 PM
Truck addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dodge's white collar guys suck. i wonder if they are deliberatly not giving the codes up so they can sell the NeonNeonNeon10? why buy a 45K or higher priced truck when you can get one for 25K and then bolt a blower on it that will hang with the higher priced one! makes sense to me.
Old 08-07-2004, 12:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I too, posted on whipples short lived web site. I believe the reason the site was deep sixed was that several customers (like me) wanted some straight answers to issues. and when we got talked to like the current guy at whipple we passed it on to others on the web site.

I compalined about some issues with my whipple setup in a fax to Dustin, and was basically told "we sell thousands the world over, so if yours is'nt working right-too bad. Sounds like that "don't care" attitude still exists at whipple. Again-too bad!!
Old 08-07-2004, 10:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

James, I think you will get a lot of feedback backing up that statement these days. I haven't had to deal with Whipple, and don't plan to in the near future, but I know that the guys that have didn't come away to happy.

I know of one guy personally, he tried to buy just a pulley, they kept telling him he needed to send the whole kit back to get rebuilt and they still weren't going to give him the pulley. They said that the 5.3 and the 6.0 were completely different kits because they were completely different motors, but we all know here that they are the same motors.
Old 08-07-2004, 11:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Flyer
James, I think you will get a lot of feedback backing up that statement these days....
I'm getting the picture, unfortunately. I guess things change. I'm an old fart and miss the good ol' days.
Old 08-07-2004, 10:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by James B.
Also, did any else see the recent episode of "Rides" on TLC where they took an Expedition belongs to Christopher Titus's wife and installed a Whipple Supercharger? They took it to Whipple's own facility and Dustin did a lot of the work personally. They dynoed it before and after and got huge increases before even tuning it. It seemed stong and looked good, but it's still a Ford. haa

I saw that episode, they thought the stock 5.4L would at least dyno at 220 rwhp, but nope, it only could muster 184 RWHP!! So I doubt that the whipple gave it the stated 460 that Titus said (untuned mind you). They had the owner of whipple installing it on the ford, they said it was a one off at the time.