Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

new dyno numbers. woohoo

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 04:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet!!!
Old 04-11-2005, 04:53 PM
lm7
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by parish8
my turbo has no more air to give. i am sure a bigger intercooler would help but not as much as a compresor that is in it's efficency range.

i talked to Sam at cmotorsports today. i have to admit i wasn't diging the idea of trying to get something like a pte88 to fit on there. i was figuring the exhaust side of the t4 was hurting me but the huge jump with the spray shows the exhaust can handle more power, it is the compresor that is done. sam has been telling me this for awhile but i had to see it to believe it. it is hard to find specs on turbos but i think the pte88 is rated to something like 1250fwhp vs 950fwhp for the t76. it has a similur exhaust flange or maybe the same flange, not sure. sam said he would help me get the exhaust side taken care of and i can do the cold side.

all that being said there is a pte88 on order. .
i forget what your fuel system is made up of but are u nearing its limit with 1250fwhp that the pte88 can provide?also 1000rwhp without a cage and in a truck is well .... not because of the saftey aspect but the flex it will put on the truck even with 4wd.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What's the downside to the PTE88? Size only? Increased lag?
Old 04-11-2005, 05:05 PM
single digit dreamer

Originally Posted by Naked AV
What's the downside to the PTE88? Size only? Increased lag?
the exhaust side is kinda small. not sure how small or how bad it might hurt me but the big dog turbos have some huge downpipes and housings.
Old 04-11-2005, 06:54 PM
11 Second Club

sweet bro! you suck! sounds like your cold side is done 'eh? little too far out of the sweet spot?
Old 04-11-2005, 07:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

i knew i should of stayed! how many more runs did you make?

Those pictures don't do justice of what that tire looks like in person! it is freaky!

So after all of the talk of going twins, now you are gonna go back to the 88?
Old 04-11-2005, 08:01 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Parish, glad to hear about your sponsorship and latest successes at the strip and dyno, keep up the good work bro!
Old 04-11-2005, 08:45 PM
single digit dreamer

Originally Posted by diehardchevy
i knew i should of stayed! how many more runs did you make?

Those pictures don't do justice of what that tire looks like in person! it is freaky!

So after all of the talk of going twins, now you are gonna go back to the 88?
just made a couple of more runs(nitrous). after seeing the nitrous make the power like it did it convinced me that there would be more power with a better compresor even if the exhaust didn't get any better. the pte88 is suppose to be good for 300hp more than i have now and wont cost much to upgrade to. Sam is giving me a great trade up deal on it. if i can max out the pte88 then i will figure out what to try next.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by parish8
just made a couple of more runs(nitrous). after seeing the nitrous make the power like it did it convinced me that there would be more power with a better compresor even if the exhaust didn't get any better. the pte88 is suppose to be good for 300hp more than i have now and wont cost much to upgrade to. Sam is giving me a great trade up deal on it. if i can max out the pte88 then i will figure out what to try next.
Man sam takes good care of you! Did he say anything about when the kits are supposed to be shipping?

BTW i sent you a pm.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:59 PM
single digit dreamer

Originally Posted by diehardchevy
Man sam takes good care of you! Did he say anything about when the kits are supposed to be shipping?

BTW i sent you a pm.
no and i forgot to ask. why dont you call him up and order a kit.

Quick Reply: new dyno numbers. woohoo