Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

New here and want some advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 02:46 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here and want some advice

I'm new to this forum and the performance side of the truck world. I've got quite a few performance cars but the truck thing is pretty new. My truck is stock except for a k&n filter kit. I've got a DPPI supercharger kit ready to go on but wanted to know any other good mods to do.

I'm also looking for a new hood with a cowl or reverse vents to put on that's of stock quality.

Glad to be on here and i'm looking forward to learning alot more about my truck.

Here's a pic of my truck.....
Old 06-18-2005, 11:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Boy I tell you thats a good looking truck! Or those 22's or 24's? As far as your mods get a good stall,a good size cam, exhuast with headers and of course a good tune when ever you add all these mods.

check out nelsonperformance or HPtuners on the side for tuning your truck
-----------
You should hook up pretty good with that AWD system!
Old 06-18-2005, 12:26 PM
Destroyer of Transmissions

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a really sharp looking truck. Did you get the "employee pricing" on it? I was wondering what a Deanli truck costs these days. All the mods stated above will help out but the S/C you already have is going to make a big difference, just make sure you get it tuned correctly.
Old 06-18-2005, 01:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

smooth yeah a cam and stall would be real nice to add with the S/C. also call TSP and order you a set of Pacesetter LT's and Ypipe and a full exhaust would really help it breath better oh yeah if needed get a bottle
Old 06-19-2005, 01:05 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks guys! I bought the truck in December after waiting a month for it to come in. I already had the lights,emblem,Escalade platinum cluster,flipdown tv, 22" Giovanna's, Baer big brake kit, and a few other little things. I paid $25k cash out the door with extended warranty after trading in my 99 Denali. They gave me $16k for it.....i don't think that was too bad a deal.

As it sits i haven't lost a race to another truck....just a couple cars. I really love suprising the hell out of most people when i launch on them and stay ahead. They get soooooo pissed off! I ran it at the track a month or so ago and only ran a 16.2 @ 80. The problem was i wasn't expecting to run the truck and was on empty. I got to the track with the light on so it was pretty low. I tried to brake torque it but almost pushed through the lights. So it was super deep staged unfortunately. I ended up just taking off regular.....about 3/4 track it started chugging a little which didn't feel right. I let off and coasted the rest of the way. I'd say i shut it down at the 1000' mark or close to it.

I think it has a mid to upper 15 in it......think so?

Here's another pic....
Old 06-19-2005, 01:26 AM
Staging Lane

where did you get the lights
Old 06-19-2005, 04:26 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Solobarictahoe
where did you get the lights
I got them off of Ebay....can't remember the seller at the moment but if you want me to i'll find out. They are good quality and the fitment was pretty much right on.
Old 06-19-2005, 01:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

thats a great looking truck
Old 06-19-2005, 01:53 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Those look like California houses in the background. Where you from? SoCal or do your niehbors just like tropical plants? LOL
Old 06-19-2005, 11:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sweet truck, I would do full exhaust after the SC then decide on whether you want to break into the tranny and motor. And then its all about the tune

Quick Reply: New here and want some advice