Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

New Non-Intercooled RADIX

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 01:06 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Im just going by what people have told me and what a couple that install alot of different superchargers say. I was told a whipple or a kenne bell would be a better choice for my app. I dont need the low down power that the radix known for since I have stall. I want to shift at about 6500-6600. I was told the radix starts building too much heat up in the higher rpm's thats why nobody gets more than 10 or so psi out of them. I was told with a kb supercharger that I can get alot more boost out of it and it will run cooler at higher psi than a radix. Correct me if I am wrong I know you are the radix guru.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:27 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Im just going by what people have told me and what a couple that install alot of different superchargers say. I was told a whipple or a kenne bell would be a better choice for my app. I dont need the low down power that the radix known for since I have stall. I want to shift at about 6500-6600. I was told the radix starts building too much heat up in the higher rpm's thats why nobody gets more than 10 or so psi out of them. I was told with a kb supercharger that I can get alot more boost out of it and it will run cooler at higher psi than a radix. Correct me if I am wrong I know you are the radix guru.
some of what you were told is not quite right.
lbs of boost is related to many things, it is a measure of resistance, so it can and will change as your setup changes, atmosphere changes, or becomes more efficient/in-efficient.
CFM on the other hand is a rpm/compressor size issue, which walks hand in hand with efficiency in terms of application of output.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:33 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by gamedawgx53
whats that
That is what will make it pass emissions in your state.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:34 PM
blownerator

I am making 8 psi and shifting at 6500.

And Grippy summed it up in a nutshell in the above post.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:35 PM
blownerator

Originally Posted by VortechC5
This sounds great if the price is right. 5 psi equals about 3.5 spi at my altitude (7000 feet). Would it be possible to re-pulley it to about 6-7 psi which would give me about 4.5-5 psi?

Yes, however you will need to add a fuel pump. (along with meth injection)
Old 06-01-2005, 01:43 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this has been talked about before, but I've never got a definetive answer....will meth injection cause the coating of the rotors to flake off? I guess it wouldn't matter much on a non intercooled setup but I dont like the idea of clogging up the intercooler core with shavings (as alot of Lightning guys have seen, meth or no meth)

I'd be very interested in spraying meth for cooling and timing/boost increases, but I dont want to ruin my $5k blower
Old 06-01-2005, 01:58 PM
blownerator

The Lightning rotors use a different coating (4th gen).
Old 06-01-2005, 02:24 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I dont have emissions my truck is registered in Alabama and the is no emissions testing. So what setup would I be better off with honestly I know your opinions are a little biased but I want a setup that is going to work good for what I need.
Old 06-01-2005, 02:28 PM
blownerator

I dont have emissions my truck is registered in Alabama and the is no emissions testing. So what setup would I be better off with honestly I know your opinions are a little biased but I want a setup that is going to work good for what I need.

It will depend on what your plans for the truck are.....I would not use the non-intercooled kit for towing. If you are looking for a complete system that is truly turn key then I will obviously say go with the Radix.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default I Have an 05 with an L33...

...and wonder if you folks have got an L33 equiped truck to play with yet? If and when you do we hope you will learn enough about the L33 to let us know exactly what the differences are between it and the LM7's. Lots of us want to know about the said "LS6" heads that have the 799 casting numbers and a confirmation on the compression for starters.

I have an L33 Z71 4X4 ECSB with locking 3.42 gears and like them because I do mostly highway activity. It works out I am loosing my riding area I am selling my ATV to get the Radix. It will be intercooled with only a Corsa cat back and drop in K&N. What can I expect in this configuration?

Quick Reply: New Non-Intercooled RADIX