Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

New Non-Intercooled RADIX

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 12:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From some things I've heard, you guys will be impressed and beatin the damn door down for it.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:06 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I tow quite a bit so I would need something that would work well. Iwant to be able to shift in the mid 6's and be able to up the boost emissions is not a problem.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Towing and lots of heat, I wouldn't suggest the non intercooled system, but if you leave it conservative, then it would be OK. Shifting in the mid 6's will require more than just the blower. You will need a cam, springs and pushrods to accomplish that.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:25 AM
TECH Veteran

It sounds like this non-ic system will rival the whipple set-up. It sucks to be whipple right now. Especially since this kit is totally expandable! Wow, what a concept. I'll be eagerly awaiting the price tomorrow. This should be interesting.

It will also steal some the of the base 5psi STS market too. But I assume in true magnacharger fashion it'll possess an EO #.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:34 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am going to a 6l heads and cam and all the goodies I would be adding a large IC to whatever I end up getting. Right now I am debating on a kenne bell or this supercharger. I tow quite a bit and I want it to pull hard all the way to the shifts.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

It will also steal some the of the base 5psi STS market too. But I assume in true magnacharger fashion it'll possess an EO #
No EO#
Old 06-02-2005, 07:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

A 6.0 cam isn't going to shift that high and in my opinion wouldn't be worth the time/money to install.

Originally Posted by vanillagorilla
It will also steal some the of the base 5psi STS market too.
I think you might be on to something here!
Old 06-02-2005, 08:27 AM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Injectors included? I can't see how it can come with large injectors yet not come with any tuning. Thats just asking for some idiot to screw up their truck. However, I do like the idea of a low dollar base kit that you can customize yourself. Many of us wouldn't need the handheld tuning and some already have larger injectors. Being able to cut those costs out of the Radix kit is a great idea.

Buy the low-dollar kit and add just the internal heat exchanger. Then you'd have freedom to design your own cooling system, which wouldn't be difficult to find a pump, 5/8" rubber hose, a reservoir, and oversized front exchanger. From there, choose whatever injectors you want and tune it with good software (or mail order).
Old 06-02-2005, 08:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BigTex
Injectors included? I can't see how it can come with large injectors yet not come with any tuning. Thats just asking for some idiot to screw up their truck. However, I do like the idea of a low dollar base kit that you can customize yourself. Many of us wouldn't need the handheld tuning and some already have larger injectors. Being able to cut those costs out of the Radix kit is a great idea.

Buy the low-dollar kit and add just the internal heat exchanger. Then you'd have freedom to design your own cooling system, which wouldn't be difficult to find a pump, 5/8" rubber hose, a reservoir, and oversized front exchanger. From there, choose whatever injectors you want and tune it with good software (or mail order).
Idea robbed.
Old 06-02-2005, 09:16 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BigTex

Yes injectors, yes tune.

Quick Reply: New Non-Intercooled RADIX