Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

New SES Codes!!!! Yippeeee!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 07:13 PM
Destroyer of Transmissions

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New SES Codes!!!! Yippeeee!

The new codes are P0200 Injector circuit open and P0307 Cylinder 7, misfire detected.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the cylinder 7 has the open injector circuit. How do I locate #7? If I pop the hood and look at the engine is it left side/right side/third from the front etc....? I want to check for bad wiring before I go buy 8.1 marine injectors Would this be causing the surging I get once in awhile? The truck surges now at an idle if I don't have the foot firmly on the brake. Not all the time but often. My SES light actually blinked for over an hour today while I was stuck in traffic, what's that about?
Also, the newly installed tranny still has some light chattering from time to time. My tranny guy wrote this on the invoice for me to tell my tuner..."Computer (TCM) is responding too slowly. Appears EPC is not getting full voltage with heavy acceleration. Reverse has a 2.5 second delay!" I don't know what all that means. Help with all these issues is appreciated.
Old 06-25-2005, 07:15 PM

Default Forgot....

Oh Yea, And is it ok to drive around with an occasional misfire? Am I just gonna foul a plug or am I gonna do real damage?
Old 06-25-2005, 07:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

#7 is the rear cylinder on the driver side
Old 06-25-2005, 07:35 PM

Outstanding, let me go take a look.
Old 06-25-2005, 07:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ewwwwww! the infamous #7. how much boost are you running? do you have bigger injectors? how hard do you drive it? pull the plug and take a good look at it. check for shiny particles.
Old 06-25-2005, 08:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default There Are GM TSB's on....

....# 7 missfires.
Old 06-25-2005, 09:11 PM
Banned

And I Thought I Was The Only Person To Blow #7 Cyl. Not Once But Twice.
The Ses Is Blinking Cause The Motor Is Miss Firing @ That Time Not Good To Drive It While Ses Is Blinking.
Unplug The Injector Plug And Take A Test Light And Connect It To Both Sides Of The Connector For The Inj. And Start The Motor And See If The Inj.is Pulseing,if The Test Lights Up Then It Is Pulseing.
It Would Probably Be An Inj.
But While You Have The Plug Out Check Compression Cause #7 Cyl. Is The Last Cyl. To Get Fuel Pressure And Fuel.so If It Ran Lean For Any Reason
Say Good Bye To That Motor.
One Question Do You Still Have Cat(converters) Cause That Can Cause A Lean Condition And Cause The Motor To Blow Also.(i Have Seen This More Than Once)
Old 06-25-2005, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Texas Terminator
ewwwwww! the infamous #7. how much boost are you running? do you have bigger injectors? how hard do you drive it? pull the plug and take a good look at it. check for shiny particles.
Boost-- 3.4" pulley, about 6-7 #'s
Injectors--Stock for a flex fuel truck, unknown flow rate, maybe 30#'s?
How hard do I drive-- Is there any other way?
I have a guy who's going to look at it tomorrow. He is looking up bulletins right now. Anybody know the # bulletin that references this issue?
Old 06-25-2005, 09:19 PM

One Question Do You Still Have Cat(converters) Cause That Can Cause A Lean Condition And Cause The Motor To Blow Also.(i Have Seen This More Than Once)
I still have the factory cats, I didn't know they were a problem.
Old 06-25-2005, 09:20 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't drive around with a misfire myself, but at least if it's an injector issue (injector not pulsing), you're not dumping raw fuel so you're not flooding the #7 cylinder and l/s cat. Seems like injector failures on #7 is fairly common...like the rock mentioned, there's even a TSB about it.

Quick Reply: New SES Codes!!!! Yippeeee!