Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

New single turbo project! Suburban SS

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 06:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New single turbo project! Suburban SS

I have been lurking here for a very long time, so I thought that I would join and let everyone about some of the cool goings on combination motorsports. Today I spent quite a while hamering out the details of my new project with Seth. Here it goes:
2001 suburban Lt,black, 2wd, totally done up in SS trim( I know about all of the differences between 01 and 03 frame horns...we've got it handled) Fabbed up rear door and side cladding. no roof rack.
409 (6.0 based) single turbo, totally built motor.
4l80e conversion, built tranny
Some very cool things in the suspension( you've not seen this stuff anywhere before) I give more info and pics as time goes on
Movit brakes
HRE Wheels
Custom SS style interior, black

There is more but I will let everyone know the details(and see the pictures) as the project progresses. The motor ( core) is getting dropped of on friday. Thanks go out to Seth for being so open to some of my strange ideas.

Alex
2003 Silverado SS
2001 Suburban SS ---under construction
2003 Zo6
And a bunch of other junk thats not GM
Old 01-13-2004, 06:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Sounds sweet dood .. I'm interested in the suspension setup. What's going on there .. 4-link?

Definantly keep us posted!

Welcome to the boards sounds like you might have a lot to bring to the table.
Old 01-13-2004, 07:26 PM
11 Second Club

uh oh. new contender. i'd like to know how the turbo works out on that motor. what turbo are you going to use?
Old 01-13-2004, 08:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

That sounds awesome, can't wait to see pics/videos
Old 01-13-2004, 08:33 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

did you get a good look at Seths truck or maybe get to go for a ride in it? I have one of his kits ordered and can hardly wait. it is killing me.

keep us updated on the truck, sounds cool!
Old 01-13-2004, 09:15 PM
TECH Addict

Sounds like it will be sweet man!
Can you snap some more pictures of Seth's setup if you go back there again? I don't know if it would be possible, but some of the headers and how far foward the turbo sits in the engine bay...If you can...
Old 01-13-2004, 09:27 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody. I am really looking forward to this project. This is the first time that I have ever really felt comfortable turning a project like this over to someone else, I usually do it myself. Seth really seems to be not only a good guy, but a very knowledgeable person. As for the questions, the turbo is being upsized from the unit that is normally included in the kit( can't remember which exact turbo, I'll ask him on friday, I am turbo stupid- first time I have ever turbo'ed a na car) As for the suspension, it will be adjustable coilovers all around, and some other pretty cool stuff.Parish, I did get to look at the truck. But I did'nt get to ride in it( changing plugs and a couple of other mainteince items). I will get to ride in it this week and I will tell you as soon as I do, I promise.

Alex
Old 01-13-2004, 09:28 PM
Teching In

No problem, I'll take some pics for you guy this week.
Old 01-14-2004, 06:30 AM
single digit dreamer

Originally Posted by fatalss
No problem, I'll take some pics for you guy this week.
lots of pic's please , like a 100 of them from every angle you can see , i can host them for you if you need that. thanks
Old 01-14-2004, 06:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow! What a kick *** first post!

It looks like you are doing this project on a 1/2 ton suburban. Don't they have the 8.5" 10 bolts like our trucks do? If so are you planning on doing an axle swap at the same time? You will be making some hella crazy toque and since you've got to do some fabricating to get those coil-over shocks mounted properly, it's a good time to do it IMO.

Quick Reply: New single turbo project! Suburban SS