Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

new start {exaust}and tune ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 07:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new start {exaust}and tune ?

i havent installed the gibsons yet do you have a reccommendation on a set of long tubes that will match to my single 3 inch exaust or should i say bolt on my factory converter .i just had a new cat back single into dual put on and dont want to have to replace it . maybe a link ?
as for tunes ,bear with me ,everything says it a tuner theres just so many .you guys on here are always talking about custom tunes sounds like the way to go .what do they do when they custom tune that works such maricals?and last is there any one in upstate n.y. that does this because theyre is none that i know of around here . please help before i waste more money.
Old 05-12-2007, 08:19 PM
TECH Resident

Pacesetter with offroad y...

OBX with offroad y

Just about sums up the "good" ones, unless you're baller and want dynatechs or kooks
Old 05-12-2007, 08:53 PM
TECH Addict

Personally, I have a Wait4Me tune. It doesn't matter if they are near you if you get a mail order tune. They mess with many, many table in the tune that were set in a conservative manner coming from the factory. They can also mess with torque management. If you really want to know everything they do, search and you can read for days...
Old 05-12-2007, 10:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

thanks these tunres im always reading about i never know if they did it themselves or had it done ,but it seems that everyone who has tuned likes it ,can the average person do a tune that has genaral info on theyre motor.or is it very complicated?so clear me up can i do the same tune as if i brought it somewheres?
Old 05-13-2007, 01:33 AM
TECH Addict

Any of the tuners (Wait4Me, Nelson, etc.) are all very good tuners and know what they are doing. Do a search and give them a call and you can talk to them one-on-one and discuss what your goals are and they can give some recommendations and tell you what they will do...
Old 05-13-2007, 12:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

thanks for the help .sometimes other people make you feel illiterate on here .just need to learn the newer stuff a littler better.i used to build some bad *** cars in the 80s but im just getting back into it,and the comp . stuff is alot different.thanks again
Old 05-13-2007, 03:16 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ramsey rider
thanks for the help .sometimes other people make you feel illiterate on here .just need to learn the newer stuff a littler better.i used to build some bad *** cars in the 80s but im just getting back into it,and the comp . stuff is alot different.thanks again
No problem man. Today's hot rods are alot different than yesterday's with all the computer stuff but don't get overwhelmed and try to get on here and do some research before you make a purchase. There are alot of VERY knowledgeable guys on here who share the same interest as you and they would love to help...