Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

New Stuff for the Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 01:32 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lol yeah I understand. I'm the same way once I get into something I don't feel like stopping to pic up the camera. Try to snap a few here and there at least.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:04 AM
TECH Regular

No Problem. I'll at least take some pics at critical points to show how the parts are working out. I'm also dialing in my MAF and VE tables right now so I can see exactly how they change after the mods.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:18 AM
TECH Regular

I got the cam and springs in. I got the torque converter in, that was quite difficult but I could do it pretty quick if I ever did it again, and I got the headers mounted yesterday. I just need to go through and get all the little stuff on and check everything out and top off the fluids and it will be time to crank her up. Thats going to be a little nerve racking.

I haven't put the tranny dipstick in yet. I'm afraid that might prove to be very difficult. Any tricks anybody knows would be appreciated. I'm thinking it might be a little easier if I remove the valve cover.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:31 PM
TECH Regular

Oh hell yeah!!! This thing pulls hard! I just wish my stupid flowmaster wasn't so raspy when driving around town. It sounds stupid. I am starting to think I may not have gotten a good seal where the ORY mounts to the stock exhaust. I'll have to check that out. I think I'm going to try to find a stock muffler to put on it. It'll still sound bad ***. Anyone want to trade their stocker for my Flowmaster?
Old 10-18-2010, 03:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by axekick
Oh hell yeah!!! This thing pulls hard! I just wish my stupid flowmaster wasn't so raspy when driving around town. It sounds stupid. I am starting to think I may not have gotten a good seal where the ORY mounts to the stock exhaust. I'll have to check that out. I think I'm going to try to find a stock muffler to put on it. It'll still sound bad ***. Anyone want to trade their stocker for my Flowmaster?
Nice man glad you got it all installed. I will be doing a cam swap on my truck either this weekend or next weekend the latest. Yeah check the ORY to stock exhaust flange and see if they need tightened down or didn't seal right.

I've pretty much got everything ordered and most of the stuff is just waiting.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:35 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by jrmchevyman
Nice man glad you got it all installed. I will be doing a cam swap on my truck either this weekend or next weekend the latest. Yeah check the ORY to stock exhaust flange and see if they need tightened down or didn't seal right.

I've pretty much got everything ordered and most of the stuff is just waiting.
Cool. You're going to love it. I bet regular cabs really haul *** with a setup like yours will be. By your sig, it looks like you have some nice parts.