Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

new to v8's

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 07:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to v8's

like title says im new to v8 s and this site is very informative but to informative. im looking to turbo charge my truck once I have time and money so like in a few years. ( I have a baby on the way so things got put on hold)

some info about my truck
stock 2000 ecsb 5.3 v8 2wd

what im looking to do

I want to put a cam ( but not sure what cam ) that will also be good with a basic turbo kit. ( most likely going wth a trick turbo set up )
there is just to many cam and I would like to get a complete kit. rollers, springs, valves cams. just not sure what kind or which one. ???

I will be getting hp tunners also before I do anything.

I do work in the marine boat industry so I do tow some boats here and there so looking to get tq converter also maybe a 1800-2000 stall

my goal is to have a fun steet truck with good towing. I will be keeping the internals stock ( hopefully) and maybe upgrade the trans when it goes with a 80e or what ever the next better one is. not looking for crazy high horse power just want to play with some other truck that think they are fast around the area.

would going with a 3.73 or staying with a 4.11 be a better option.

any input is very help full. sorry for so many qestions im going crazy reading all the cam stuff and turbo stuff and trans stuff on here.

I would be doing all the work myself except for the tuning. and maybe the gears. ( never did any of that )