Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Newbie needing some advice....

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 05:17 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie needing some advice....

Hi Guys,

just found this forum and am looking for some advice on parts for my truck. It's a '90 Chevy p/u sb. I have a 350 that was rebuilt about 2 years ago and am looking at ways to make it faster. This is what has been done to it so far:

Comp cam, could find you a part # if needed, the guy at Summit told me that this one would not screw up my computer.
Flowmaster exhaust
Hypertech chip
K&N filter
Pete Jackson gear drive "noisy"
Powerdyne TBI spacer

It's been lowered with the 5/7 drop and has some pretty good size tires on the rear end, but only a "one-legger". I have 15x10's with 295/50/15's on the back. My brother is getting me a posi for it from one of his buddies.

I've got some money saved up and was wondering what mod should I do next. I've been looking at Edelbrock aluminum heads at Summit and was wondering if I should go this route or if there was something else that I should be looking at next before the heads?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I live in a town that is being taken over by imports and to be honest, would be quite embarrassed to be taken by an import driven by some pimply-faced teenager!

Bobby B
Old 06-10-2004, 05:51 AM
Teching In

Sorry guys, I just noticed that this forum was for newer trucks, do you know of another forum that could help with any questions that I have?

Thanks for any help,
Bobby B
Old 06-10-2004, 06:38 AM
Truck addict

www.fullsizechevy.com might be able to help
Old 06-10-2004, 09:25 AM
Teching In

Thanks goshawk23!

I appreciate the help
Old 06-10-2004, 11:18 AM
Launching!

Maybe some LT4 heads and intake! That bitch will roll!
Old 06-10-2004, 11:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

chep wise I think vortec heads and intake would be a better deal. Hell just throw on some nitrous and call it a day. or rip out that 350 and buy a crate engine 572 and spray the **** out of it, none of the ricers could catch you then.
Old 06-10-2004, 09:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

i bet they cant catch him now, lol. if that still has the tbi setup, i would get that edlebrock mpfi conversion kit, tbi's are dogs no power. vortec heads are about the best for the money, lt4 heads wouldnt work i dont think, they have reverse water flow. that mpfi with heads and simple bolt ons you could be looking at 250-300 rwhp numbers
Old 06-10-2004, 09:53 PM
Teching In

Talking

Hey guys, thanks for the input. Talked to my bro in Cali, he's getting me a set of vortec heads and he has a brand new tbi/vortec intake that he was going to use on his blazer, but said that I could pay him back later.

I'm going to be ordering the 150 hp shot nitrous kit next week and he said that with those mods, she'll scream......I can't wait! Hopefully he can get that posi for me, it leaves like crazy now, but not sure how much she'll spin with the extra hp.

What do you guys recommend for headers? I've seen a ton of different brands that would work, but too bad they didn't have a chart that told you what kind of performance you would get out of each. It would be a lot easier to choose then!

Anyways, I'll let you guys know how it goes with the new upgrades. I'm heading to my bro's the week before the 4th of July. That nitrous bottle is going to kill me just sitting in my garage lol.

Thanks again,
Bobby B