Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Newbie at tuning??? Silverado SS

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 05:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Newbie at tuning??? Silverado SS

I am a newbie at tuning so I was wondering what it does exactly and what the side affects are to it. I here alot of people have problems after a tune. Codes, check engine light, engine acts up... Why the problems?? Is it really worth the cost?? Why doesnt the vehicle come stock with the best performance possible already??

Thanks guys!!!!
Old 06-05-2005, 05:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by prtofcali
I am a newbie at tuning so I was wondering what it does exactly and what the side affects are to it. I here alot of people have problems after a tune. Codes, check engine light, engine acts up... Why the problems?? Is it really worth the cost?? Why doesnt the vehicle come stock with the best performance possible already??

Thanks guys!!!!
It changes the timing and a/f ratio if you have a aftermarket exhaust and air intake, your rev limiter and top speed, and if you changed your tire size it will correct your speedometer. It doesn't come stock like this because some programs require premium gas and some ppl don't like it to shift hard and mainly because they want us to spend our money on it. I just got a tune not to long ago but no errors or mess-ups. It is worth it if you are looking to go faster.
Old 06-05-2005, 06:00 PM
Teching In

Is the price worth the HP gain if I plan to keep my truck stock except for an intake and exhaust??
Old 06-05-2005, 06:07 PM
On The Tree

yeah it is. It is the most noticable gain you can feel for the price. I have the nelson tune and it works real good. check out the website www.nelsonperformance.com . I would go with a custom tune instead of a programmer. They give you more power.
Old 06-05-2005, 06:10 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All For Fed Regulation Is One Reason Your Tune Is Like It Is Also Emmissions That Have To Pass Fed Test.if You Get A Code After A Tune Is Because They Didn't Remove Someting Out That Should Be Removed.their Is Hundreds Of Codes And At Times The Tuner May Forget Something.and Just Like Arreguy01 Said They Change A/f And Timeing Remove Rear O2 Sensor Missfires Take Out Knock Sensors,take Out Evap Codes What Every You Want,put Shift Points Were Every You Want Them Also