Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Nitrous: can this be done ??

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 06:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by carbon04
im not sure what the switch have is called. The manual calles it a micro switch and it kicks on at WOT.the way everything is now ( picture A) my micro switch is acting as my push button( until i get a real push button). i didn't want to use any power from the cigarette outlet, i was going to cut those wires and tape them back. its mainly jsut so i can have a removable push button switch for when im not using it.
Yes your idea will work. I would probably just find a good connector and stash it under the dash somewhere and plug it when I wanted to. One thought about your idea, wire it the way you describe and when you want to go fast just push in and hold the cigarette lighter! Would probably freak out couple unsuspecting passengers!
Old 01-04-2005, 06:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes but what happens when your passenger pushes in the cigarette lighter for you? How would the resistance in the cigarette lighter affect the operation of the relay?

Why not put the lighter connection in line before the micro switch? Then the micro switch will determine when the relay gets activated by the throttle being in the WOT position and the push button will determine when there is power to the micro switch.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:51 PM
On The Tree

lol, that would be kinda trick but i was planning on going in the aux cigarette lighter anyway, right next to the cigarette lighter and it has a little cap.
Old 01-04-2005, 10:01 PM
TECH Regular

I know what your talking about.. I sorta did the same thing, I have a 99 so I could use the switch and I did. I decided I wanted a button though because right now I dont have a shift kit and dont wanna be sprayin through the shifts. So I had a button in my shop just the right size to hold in my hand or put in a small c-clip type holder and slid it over the steering wheel. I unhooked the wire fron the activation switch running to the WOT switch wired in the button inbetween (but put ends that plug up to each side of the switch so it could be unhooked) when I dont use it I put the button in the glovebox and roll the wires up and stick them in the fuse pannel.