Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Nitrous Pressure gauge?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2003, 04:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous Pressure gauge?

I was thinking of getting 3 guages for my truck...i was thinking fuel pressure, air/fuel ratio, and nitrous pressure. What's the difference between Nitrous electrical and Nitrous Mechanical gauges? Right not i have a dry nitrous kit but am going to be upgrading soon to an NX progressive kit. Which do you guys recommend? Do i really need all three of those or should i just go with to...nitrous,air/fuel or what?

<small>[ January 31, 2003, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: StreetSweepa ]</small>
Old 01-31-2003, 04:30 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Nitrous Pressure gauge?

mechanical needs a nitrous line to the gauge, electrical needs a sender mounted near the bottle and wires from that to the gauge. the same thing goes for the fuel presure gauge.

it will cost ya but i would get electrical for both the fuel and nitrous gauges, with the nx kit there is even a way to mount the sensor before the valve. you could heat your bottle and monitor the presure without ever having to open the bottle.

i wouldn't waste your money on the a.f gauge. your just going to see it jumping around most of the time and then go full rich when you floor it.
Old 01-31-2003, 04:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well..i was looking at the lunar series autometer gauges and i just thought the air/fuel would look sweet..lol. I dont really know how to read the fuel pressure, so don't know if ill get one of those. Who sells electrical nitrous gauges in the lunar series or do they even make one? Summit only carries the mechanical ones.
Old 01-31-2003, 06:28 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

goto http://www.nitrousexpress.com/welcome.htm
and click on whats new, you will see the electric nitrous gauge.

if your talking about what you 'need' then just keep it to a 125 shot and you don't 'need' any gauges. anything over a 125shot and you want to watch your fuel presure, make sure it holds steady at the top of each gear. the nitrous presure gauge would be more of a convience item unless you are trying to be consistant. you could just pop one of those cheep bottle mount units on there and be fine.