Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Nitrous question....

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2003, 05:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Nitrous question....

well, if it was detonating, i wouldnt have the motor anymore. i think that the knock sensor my be kicking on and i think that retarding the timing will help. the check engine light has come on before when using the bottle.
Old 02-27-2003, 06:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What kind of switch does the basic gm NX kit come with? Are window switches really overrated?
Old 02-27-2003, 08:13 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by StreetSweepa:
<strong> What kind of switch does the basic gm NX kit come with? Are window switches really overrated? </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">a window switch sure seems like a good idea to me. you can use it to turn on you shot but alot of people just end up spraying right out of the hole. the place i really see it being useful is when you lose your 2nd gear or loose traction unexpectedly, the last time my tranny went out it was on the 1-2shift and the thing was bouncing off the revlimiter like i was on a sheet of ice. someone correct me if i am wrong but the factory revlimiter cuts the fuel, if you have a wet kit and you are adding nitrous and fuel you basicaly have no revlimiter, in my case when 2nd wasn't there it would have reved the motor hard and may have screwed it up.

the window switch helps save your motor if your driveline gives out on you. check out the nitrous section and look up the harlen window switch, it is alot more adjustable and cost less. everyone that has one seems happy.