Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

NOS bottle under bed...??? or where else

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2004, 12:23 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chris99gmc
guage.. yes.... warmer- i deem it not necessary for starters.. it doesn't even get that cold here.

do you think the Blowoff valve is necesary?
When you spray the bottle pressure drops. A drop in pressure means a drop in performance.
I could tell my wet kit wasn't hitting as hard after a dozen runs. When I looked at the pressure gauge it read about 500 psi. You want around 1000psi. That's why I have a warmer now

The blow off valve and tube you will need if you go to the track.
Old 10-15-2004, 03:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheLadiesMan
hey where did you get your hood from i like it!!!
Hood

Back to the topic. I have had my bottle under my bed for quite so time and have had no issues with it. It is not hard to get in or out, and I have driven 500 freeway miles to Hot August Nights with the bottle under there. You just have to keep the orientation straight; Remember the bottle has a siphon tube and you have to swap the front and rear brackets when hanging it. Where the bottle sits it doesnt even get wet in the rain.
Old 10-15-2004, 03:23 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Chingon
The blow off valve and tube you will need if you go to the track.
Not if the bottle is mounted out of the cab. The blow off valve is built into the bottle. The tube is to vent the nitrous out of the cab if you pop the valve, if the bottle is all ready out of the cab your done
Old 10-15-2004, 03:30 AM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I am trying to just get a basic start on this.... electric bottle opener, bottle warmer, blanket are all great things to have obviously, but they are not completley necessary for a good start on it.......... there are just way too many things on the list right now... thinking about it gives me a headache.

damn, I need a beer.

and on the other hand... when I get the power in the truck.... I'll have no place to put it except for the one single wheel and I'll still be sitting there at the starting line up in smoke
Old 10-15-2004, 09:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ok I dont remember what kit you have and I dont want to go back a apge and check but most new kits come with blowoff valve and blowdown tube and if not you can get them both for about $40 so its cheap insurance and you have to have them to race at the track(NHRA rules). I wouldnt really waste my time spraying without a bottle warmer. Yeah if you know your going to race at a certain time you can warm your bottle with many different thigns but after like 2 runs your pressur will suck ***. You have no clue how big of a difference bottle pressure makes. Hell your looking at $200 to get the blowdown setup and fully automatic warmer!
Old 10-15-2004, 08:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TigerFan187
Ok I dont remember what kit you have and I dont want to go back a apge and check but most new kits come with blowoff valve and blowdown tube and if not you can get them both for about $40 so its cheap insurance and you have to have them to race at the track(NHRA rules). I wouldnt really waste my time spraying without a bottle warmer. Yeah if you know your going to race at a certain time you can warm your bottle with many different thigns but after like 2 runs your pressur will suck ***. You have no clue how big of a difference bottle pressure makes. Hell your looking at $200 to get the blowdown setup and fully automatic warmer!

Very true.... I know that I am going to get both of these... but probably after I install the system. I will start to upgrade it when I get it in and working first.
Old 10-15-2004, 09:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GoldenVelvet
Not if the bottle is mounted out of the cab. The blow off valve is built into the bottle. The tube is to vent the nitrous out of the cab if you pop the valve, if the bottle is all ready out of the cab your done
A little off-subject but is N20 your only mod,giving you the 13.7 et ?
Old 10-16-2004, 02:17 PM
12 Second Club

I agree about the warmer.....when you spray once, go and touch your bottle.....it will be cold and the pressure will be low, and if pressure is below optimal (900-1000) you will be running a really rich shot and not get nearly the gains you expected....Although somehow Deckhand ran a 13.2 on a rich-jetted 125 shot with no heater

get a good heater, pressure gauge ( www.dynotune.org ) and remote bottle opener. I had problems with my opener but probably because it was used. Use blue locktite to seal up the joints so you dont get any leaks.....if the bottle is under your bed and your remote opener doesn't close it tightly AND you have a small leak on one of your fittings, it will leak out all the nitrous slowly (happened to me - waste of $30)

Good luck with the kit
Old 10-16-2004, 03:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by GoldenVelvet
Back to the topic. I have had my bottle under my bed for quite so time and have had no issues with it. It is not hard to get in or out, and I have driven 500 freeway miles to Hot August Nights with the bottle under there. You just have to keep the orientation straight; Remember the bottle has a siphon tube and you have to swap the front and rear brackets when hanging it. Where the bottle sits it doesnt even get wet in the rain.
Pics, Pics ,Pics!