Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

OBX LT header - reviews and pictures

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 04:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
How difficult were they to install? Did you remove the spark plugs while installing them? How difficult is it to change plugs with these headers? Have you had any problems where your plug wires hit the headers?

If you can think of any installation tips or info, I'd like to know about it. I am getting ready to order some of these for my truck.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:13 PM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

I installed them on a lift, the install wasnt hard just took a little time. No I did not remove the spark plugs but if I was doing it myself from the ground I would have. I was able to make sure that the plugs were not hit so the insulators didnt crack. Access to all of the plugs are easy exept #5 and 7 cyl. They are kinda a PIA.. I have the heat boots on #5 and 7 cyl. to protect the plug wires. You just have to angle the plug wires some ( twist them to get them at the angle you like) to keep them off the headers. I am running MSD wires so the plug end can be bent some to put a angle in the boot where the stock ones cannot due to the metal shield on them.

When installing them take out the inner fender wells. ( The plastic shields) it makes it much easier to get to the header bolts and line everything up. Also I dropped my tranny cross member, it made putting the mid pipes on much easier. Just make sure you support the tranny if you remove the cross member.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:01 PM
TECH Resident

You gotta quit steppin on that cat's tail! lol, sounds good man! No drone, you say? Sounds real good. See if someone can hold the came while you do a driveby like...daily driving, not WOT. Sounds nice, though!
Old 04-04-2007, 06:26 PM
Admin

Originally Posted by ramdaspadhye
You gotta quit steppin on that cat's tail! lol, sounds good man! No drone, you say? Sounds real good. See if someone can hold the came while you do a driveby like...daily driving, not WOT. Sounds nice, though!
Ya I want to do that, I want to know what it sounds like as well. Just havent had the chance yet.. I go do my playing when I get home from work before the woman does

No drone, its quiet in the cab. Normal driving low rpm I can barely here it with the windows up. I get some more vids for ya this holiday weekend hopefully if it dont snow ( if it does it is staying parked, I already did my spring cleaning on it so it wont be seeing salty roads....)
Old 04-05-2007, 08:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Well I won the auction for my new plug wires! I hope they fit.
There coming from Oklahoma City so if they get shipped out tomorrow I should have them early next week and the headers are scheduled to arrive on Monday. Hopefully I will be able to get them installed next weekend.

Old 04-05-2007, 08:22 PM
Admin

What are those off of? A Express Van? I would like to find where I could get 2 of them to try them out.. Of course I could just wait to see if they work for you haha.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:33 PM
TECH Junkie

I have no idea what they are off of. The auction description was very general (LS1-LS6-LQ4-LQ9-LR4-LM4-LM7 APPLICATIONS).

Last edited by truckmann; 04-07-2007 at 05:55 PM.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:04 PM
Teching In

is there any easy way to fix the check engine light? on my STi, i used an o2 sensor extender and it kept the light off. would any high flow cats fit on to the y-pipe?
Old 04-05-2007, 10:13 PM
TECH Junkie

You can have the rear O2 sensors tuned out so they won't turn on the light. I believe there are a couple of members here that have Hp Tuners and live in Alaska. They may be able to help you get some tuning done and fix that. The other option is to buy some O2 simulators, but I don't think they make them any longer so you will have to find some used or old stock. I'm sure you could also install some high flow cats, but I wouldn't guarantee that will fix the check engine light. You should really get a tune to get the best power from the headers anyway.

PM ak_silverado I believe he is in Anchorage and has HP Tuners.

Last edited by truckmann; 04-05-2007 at 10:22 PM.
Old 04-07-2007, 02:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Welll F*ck! They don't fit. They are about 1 inch too short.
Is is possible to relocate the coils about an inch closer to the plugs.

Originally Posted by truckmann
Well I won the auction for my new plug wires! I hope they fit.
There coming from Oklahoma City so if they get shipped out tomorrow I should have them early next week and the headers are scheduled to arrive on Monday. Hopefully I will be able to get them installed next weekend.

Quick Reply: OBX LT header - reviews and pictures