Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

OBX LT header - reviews and pictures

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 10:41 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, that's almost unbelievable with people today! Good lookin out! PM me this guy's number or website, asap!
Old 04-10-2007, 10:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PM Please
Old 04-10-2007, 11:53 AM
TECH Junkie

PM's sent.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:36 PM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

Glad to see you got that resolved, I am impressed with his response.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
Glad to see you got that resolved, I am impressed with his response.
Me too, I didn't expect that response at all. He hasn't refunded the money yet so I will still be a little skeptical until the money is back in my account. Although I don't know why he would make the offer and not follow through so I expect I will have the money back soon.

I just hope I can find some band clamps without having to order them.

I don't know if I will be able to get them installed this weekend or not, last night I got invited to go Spoonbill fishing at Grand Lake on Sunday. Sounds like fun so the headers may have to wait.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Well I did get a $50 refund back from the seller!

I'm all set to get these suckers installed. I got all the rest of the stuff I need today. I couldn't find any bolts that would fit in the collectors to replace the ones that got lost I tried both sae and metric, coarse and fine thread and I came to the conclusion that they must have some odd ball thread pitch. So I just re-taped them to a standard coarse thread. Problem solved I also couldn't find anywhere to buy replacement band clamps without having to order them. The guys at O'Reilly's looked at me like I was crazy or something when I asked. I am just gonna use the bent ones that came with them. I think they will be fine one I get them on and tightened up.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:04 AM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

I would get new clamps, get them from summit you will get them in a couple days. Also did you consider making the little dent in the one primary or are you going to wait and see what happens?
Old 04-13-2007, 05:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

if you were getting these coated would you dent them before or after they are coated?

Did you tune for them?? I wont be able to adjust the tune for a month, how will that be on my truck?
Old 04-13-2007, 09:00 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
I would get new clamps, get them from summit you will get them in a couple days. Also did you consider making the little dent in the one primary or are you going to wait and see what happens?
I think the clamps will be ok since the aren't creased or folded, only out of round. I guess if I get them on and they don't look like they are going to seal I can order some new ones then. I have considered making the dent, but I am gonna wait and test fit them first to see if I need it. Also that way if I do end up needing dent I can make sure and put the dent it the correct place.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by OnyxSilveradoSS
if you were getting these coated would you dent them before or after they are coated?

Did you tune for them?? I wont be able to adjust the tune for a month, how will that be on my truck?
I would say if you can test fit them to be sure if you need the dent and find out exactly where it needs to go I would do the dent before coating. That way you don't have to beat on your new coating.

As far as tuning for them you will need to tune the rear O2's out since there are no cats. Also you may run a little rich and have decreased fuel milage until you tune for them. I don't think it will hurt anything not to get a tune for a month.

Quick Reply: OBX LT header - reviews and pictures