Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

OBX LT header - reviews and pictures

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 11:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got them all bolted in. Took me forever to get the job done, but I had 3 broken stock bolts to deal with removing and then the f-ing oil dip stick tube wouldn't come out and I ended up braking it off and having to go buy a new one. Only one dealer in the area had them in stock. The exhaust is much louder now and the drone in the cab is almost unbearable, so I may be looking for a way to do something about that. Power feels much better, even low end power feels better to me. Here are a few pics.

There are a ton more posted here ------>>> OBX Header Pictures

On the drivers side I had to beat the hell out of one of the pipes so it would clear the front driveshaft.

The passenger side is close the the frame but doesn't hit.

Old 04-15-2007, 12:30 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That definitely sucks big time. Guess they just dont fit a 4x4 eh!
Old 04-15-2007, 12:35 AM
TECH Junkie

Sure didn't fit mine worth a but they fit now... I think I smashed the damn pipe more than I needed to and my adjustment looks like ***, but it got the job done.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:27 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by truckmann
Sure didn't fit mine worth a but they fit now... I think I smashed the damn pipe more than I needed to and my adjustment looks like ***, but it got the job done.
Yea but that primary is smashed way beyond what I would have done. Kinda restricting flow there.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:06 PM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

I had no clearence issues on my front Drive shaft.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:43 PM
Launching!

Hey, Truckmann, you state in your post "The exhaust is much louder now and the drone in the cab is almost unbearable, so I may be looking for a way to do something about that." I was just wondering what brand of exhaust system do you have behind the headers? What type of muffler do you have?
Old 04-15-2007, 11:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 99Silver6.0
Yea but that primary is smashed way beyond what I would have done. Kinda restricting flow there.
Ya it sucks I was really unhappy about it, but I had to do what was necessary to get it to fit. I runs a hell of a lot better now than it did before. Much smoother acceleration, hell my wife even said it felt like it runs smoother. Also before it was no big deal to spin the tires a little, but now it can roast the hell out of them if I choose.

Originally Posted by sbw9056
Hey, Truckmann, you state in your post "The exhaust is much louder now and the drone in the cab is almost unbearable, so I may be looking for a way to do something about that." I was just wondering what brand of exhaust system do you have behind the headers? What type of muffler do you have?
I have a Magnaflow catback single side exit for a ECSB. It's louder than it was before I put the LT's on but still has a nice deep rumble to it, not really overly "loud". The drone in the cab, however, at around 1800 rpm is almost unbearable. I may be getting a dynomas bullet or something similar installed soon.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:24 PM
TECH Regular

I bought a set of these to! Cant wait to install on my SS they look sweet. Cant beat this set up for the money
Old 07-22-2007, 08:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Black Plague
I bought a set of these to! Cant wait to install on my SS they look sweet. Cant beat this set up for the money
Let us know how the primary beat down session goes.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:56 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Black Plague
...Cant beat this set up for the money
Sounds like Truckmann figured out a way! JFWY!

Quick Reply: OBX LT header - reviews and pictures