Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Official NBS V6 to GENIII V8 swap Guide

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 06:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Elinar06
Finished swap but I have no spark. Once I turn the key on ‘on’ position, it cranks only once and lights come back like putting it on the ‘on’ position again. All grounds are solid and triple checked the harness. To me it sounds like ignition switch.

It is a manual transmission but my question is this, will a soft clutch pedal be the cause to it not turning over completely as well?

did you delete security? might need to do the relearn if not
Old 06-06-2019, 07:54 PM
Teching In

Default Spark issue

Originally Posted by myt hi
did you delete security? might need to do the relearn if not
gonna do a relearn but I just remembered I might of not grounded one wire right. Gonna extend the harness wire to the chassis. If that doesn’t work then the relearn if not. New ignition switch/inspecting wires.
I am curious if the fuse box is different from a v6 to 5.3 truck fuse box, fuse location wise.
Old 06-06-2019, 08:09 PM
makes children cry

Received 432 Likes on 354 Posts

did you get the harness from an auto truck?
if so, you're probably gonna have to swap in the clutch safety switch wire from the 4.3 fuse block.
it's a purple wire:
Originally Posted by _zebra
funny thing about the clutch position sensor... it needs a jumper in the fuse block from F10 to F11 for the starter to get power.

Old 06-08-2019, 09:36 AM
makes children cry

nope - be happy i had a camera back then

...or now, for that matter
Old 06-08-2019, 09:39 AM
makes children cry

just pop the blue retainer out of the side, then use something like a paperclip to release the lock pin from the top, and pull the wire out the back.
push the wire in through the back of the new one until it clicks & won't pull back out, then reinsert the blue retainer.
Old 06-10-2019, 07:25 PM

Default swapped engines cruise control doesn’t work

I done the 4.3 to 5.3 swap. Truck runs great. But no cruise control. It went from drive by cable to drive by wire. I removed the cruise control box under the hood and installed the new control for the throttle body and fuel pedal. So the harness is just hanging there. What do I need to do to get my cruise control working?
Old 06-10-2019, 09:28 PM
makes children cry

i'm willing to bet it's gotta be changed in the BCM, but i could be wrong.
mine never had cruise, but i've looked into adding it - and now that my hazard switch is broke, it's a good excuse to swap stalks now.
Old 06-29-2019, 09:29 AM
Teching In

Default No crank sensor signal

So added power to my ecm fuses and got it to crank over as it should. BUT reason for no spark is my crank sensor not getting signal.

Any chance there’s a correlation between a check engine light power source to the crank sensor?
No check engine light, light showing.
Any wiring diagrams would be amazing.
Old 08-04-2019, 10:57 AM
Teching In

Default Fuel lines

Hey guys I read through the thread and didnt get a solid answer to how to make the fuel system work I'm trying to go the minimalist route in my swap 2003 scsb with a 4.3 (runs good just so damn gutless) to a 03 5.3 (purchased a crashed suburban) . The 4.3 is returnless and the 5.3 is a return system any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-05-2019, 11:46 AM
100% Redneck

Received 1,334 Likes on 794 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuy05
Hey guys I read through the thread and didnt get a solid answer to how to make the fuel system work I'm trying to go the minimalist route in my swap 2003 scsb with a 4.3 (runs good just so damn gutless) to a 03 5.3 (purchased a crashed suburban) . The 4.3 is returnless and the 5.3 is a return system any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
You'll need a non return fuel rail (drivers side) and the AN fittings and braided line for the supply only, that are posted in this thread.

You'll need the larger of the two lines (top).
You can see I chose to use "quick disconnect" fittings on the fuel lines
so I did not need to cut the hard lines like the original post in this thread.

Official  NBS V6 to GENIII V8 swap Guide-3alc8m0.jpg

If you look closely you can see the return type fuel rail on the left (two fuel lines) and the non return rail on the right with a single supply line. The non return fuel rail doesn't have the fuel regulator on the rail. The fuel regulator is on the fuel pump on your system... so no worries about the regulator.

Official  NBS V6 to GENIII V8 swap Guide-ylwtkwy.jpg

Last edited by RedXray; 08-05-2019 at 11:53 AM.

Quick Reply: Official NBS V6 to GENIII V8 swap Guide