Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

official times, torque management info, vid of a races.

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2003, 02:11 AM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default official times, torque management info, vid of a races.

truck ran WAY slow tonight, gtech was withing 2/10ths just like always so i am prety sure my eirlier times were acurate but something killed my ET's, sitting in the staging lines maybe, i only got in 2 runs cause the track was soo packed.

bone stock. 16.75 ouch

with a 100shot. 13.94 @ 95

time with the 100shot is prety good, i am in the 13's at least. here is a vid of the run plus a couple of races i found on the street .

small > http://www.neufamily.org/03silverado...10-10small.mpg
large > http://www.neufamily.org/03silverado...10-10large.wmv

first race was a stock ls1, got him out of the hole and held him right up to my speed limiter, thats exactly when he pased me. second race was a 94 vette, he ran prety hard, might have caught me in a 1/4.

TORQUE MANAGEMENT!! wow, it really sucks, the other day i said it felt like my truck cut out when i made a nitrous run, well now i know why. at the 1-2 shift it pulls my timing from 23deg down to -8deg, that part i expected. it also CLOSES my throttle plate. on atap it showed it going from 99% down to 40% at the shift . hope ls1edit fixes that. sounds kind of like a stick the way it shuts off between shifts.

oh yea, weighed the truck, 4660 with me in it. puts it at about 4500 without me or 4600stock

Old 10-11-2003, 02:20 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: official times, torque management info, vid of a races.

Cool runs man, can't wait to see what this truck will be like in the future.
Old 10-11-2003, 06:47 AM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the numbers! I predict that thing is going to be quicker than your other truck was by next season. Does it have traction control? I know thats how it works-by closing the throttle. It is more sensitive the more power you make, too. I was going to show out in front of some buds yesterday and didn't realize the traction control was on-I hit the gas and the converter flashed to about 2800 and then it went to 8% throttle-felt just like you turned the key off. One of these days I am going to reload tq mgt just to see how bad it is on my truck.

Oh yeah, how did you get that thing to be so light-it weighs right about what mine weighs and you have a 4wd. Maybe I should go on a diet!
Old 10-11-2003, 08:47 AM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Makes you want to see how it runs with just a stroker. Why dont you skip the boost, and just run a stroker with a direct port 300 shot. It would be easier, possibly safer, and $5000 cheaper.
Old 10-11-2003, 09:58 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Your Vids always make me smile! Nice job Parish!
Old 10-11-2003, 10:51 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is that bluse truck a 5.3?
Old 10-11-2003, 10:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is that bluse truck a 5.3?
its a 4.8
Old 10-11-2003, 11:48 AM
single digit dreamer

"Oh yeah, how did you get that thing to be so light-it weighs right about what mine weighs and you have a 4wd. Maybe I should go on a diet!"

i have pulled 118lbs off of it now, spare, jack, spare winch, tow hooks, lug wrench, lift blocks(10lbs!). that weight is with the gate. i still have the bumper to pull when i get a roll pan, that should be good for about 50lbs i think.

"Makes you want to see how it runs with just a stroker. Why dont you skip the boost, and just run a stroker with a direct port 300 shot. It would be easier, possibly safer, and $5000 cheaper."

yea, i have thought about that, a built 422 with a 300shot would have to be in the 10's, super easy to do too. i love the sound of a turbo car though. i will be going in steps, probably go with a stroker(low compresion) and a big shot and see what that does, then decide on FI later.

truck pulled a 1.87 60', probably not the best thing to be spraying at closed throttle blades. if i had edit i would try and shut that part of TM off and keep the timing pull for now, not sure if i will be able to do that or not.

Old 10-11-2003, 01:15 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

I've wondered about spraying with an electric throttle body. Do you have a window switch? Isn't the speed limiter around 96 mph on a 1/2 ton truck? Be careful not to bump the speed limiter on the spray.
Old 10-11-2003, 01:20 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think my stock speed limiter was at 98mph.

So all '03 trucks have the electronic TB? Does LS1edit have the ability to kill that part of the torque management? The 30+ degrees of timing is bad enough but, closing the throttle plate is just crazy.

Quick Reply: official times, torque management info, vid of a races.