Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Ok, done with the in tank pump. Come in.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 07:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the pump yall are talking about is the in-tank Mustang application pump right? 12-902 holley. CHIP
Old 07-19-2005, 07:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yep, I believe that is the one.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:52 AM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Does that just have to do with the placement of the pick-up or what can you still run it to the low fuel light?

Funny thing is, with my new cluster (out of something with a tranny temp) and my trans swap I don't have a low fuel light come on in the "message center" maybe it's turned off? I was going to look for it in HPTuner, but I don't know.

Originally Posted by slowprocess
Have you logged the fuel pressure at different points(idle, wot,etc)? I'd like to see if it stays pretty much where its supposed to. My buddy did an inline on his dodge, and he was getting way too much pressure and I believe some vapor lock to boot. Just want to make sure everything is good before the purchase.
Mine runs at 48-50psi at idle and jumps up to 55-60 wot.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:16 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilde Racing
Mine runs at 48-50psi at idle and jumps up to 55-60 wot.
Thats what it is at stock. I did an esclade cluster swap and I still have the low fuel light it just gets into the red pretty far before the light comes on.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:17 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh yeah whats the next step up from the 255lph
Old 07-21-2005, 07:58 PM
How do I change this text

Guess What, I went to start my truck today, and no fuel pressure, Lucky for me the garage that does my work warrantees all there work. Unlucky for me it was my garage. lol
So here are a few pics of the way to do a fuel pump change by lifting the bed off.

First thing it to remove the filler neck from the fuel door opening, (two torques screws and a plastic lock.

Next unplug the tail lights, There is a box behind the spare tire, Pull the blue plug and the one across from it.

Remove the eight 18mm head bolts holding the bed, I also removed the tailgate. Get a few buddys to help lift it off, or four straps, a come-along (sp) and some rafters will work.

Next unplug the two pigtails at the tank and disconnect the three plastic lines. rotate the metal ring and remove the unit.

The hole thing took me about a hour and a half. But I was searching for clamps too, so I bet you could do it in a hour.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

TTT so I don't have to search for it again. Great info here for people wanting to upgrade(such as myself). I saw the update on the pump, so I brought this one back up for the newbies. Mine will be here soon, and hope installation goes as smoothly.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by slowprocess
TTT so I don't have to search for it again. Great info here for people wanting to upgrade(such as myself). I saw the update on the pump, so I brought this one back up for the newbies. Mine will be here soon, and hope installation goes as smoothly.
I got one on the way as well. And like mentioned, great info.
Old 09-10-2005, 12:16 AM
Staging Lane

This thread saved me a lot of time. I was going to start a thread asking how to replace the fuel pump until I came across the thread. GREAT information everyone!!

I have two questions for who ever can help me:
1 Is it the same process to replace a STOCK fuel pump? Im sure it is but I want to be sure since I dont know much about these sort of things.
2 I was told by the stealership to replace the fuel regulator aswell. Heres the question: how would I replace the regulator?

A friend of mine got me the parts at dealer cost I just need to install them. Hopefully some one can help me out. Oh btw, I took the bed off incase anyone needed to know.

Thanks in advance for all the help and information.
Old 09-10-2005, 08:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Same process and all you just wont have to deal with splicing the wires to fit a different style plug. Make sure you have atleast a lilttle gas in there or you could take several years off the pump life by running dry.

Quick Reply: Ok, done with the in tank pump. Come in.