Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

OK!! I think it's time whipple hears from us!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2004 | 10:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default OK!! I think it's time whipple hears from us!!

Originally Posted by jdpanero
I was at the Whipple factory 2 weeks ago getting my Whipple removed, and I talked w/the new guy in charge of coordination between the shop/marketing/development/etc (Dennis Mc and Steven Taylor are now both gone). Anyway, he told me that b/c an intercooler would cost so much, the kits would only come with them if it was necessary for either emissions or detonation prevention. I asked him about all of the guys who were doing intercooler setups themselves for added gains, and he tried to tell me that there isn't a market for the R&D that's involved on an intercooler. I told him that I would go Whippled again if there was an intercooler, he basically said, too bad.

WHIPPLE WILL NOT EVER MAKE AN INTERCOOLER FOR US. PERIOD. CASE CLOSED.
Ok people, I think this is just complete bull@#$%!! I'm hoping that I'm not the only one who thinks so. I would like to hear some support from all the others who either already have a whipple who would like to upgrade to an intercooled setup from whipple, who would like to have an intercooled twin-screw setup, or just those people who might read the above, and say "Ok, these guys are full of it."

All I'm asking is to show some support, maybe copy this onto some other forums,and see what kinda support we can get for this. It's a long shot, but if we can show whipple that there is a market for an intercooled whipple, they might change their tune.
Old 02-18-2004 | 10:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

whipple can suck my nipple.

Old 02-18-2004 | 11:30 PM
On The Tree

LOL wow, were getting some support. but yes Sierra i agree with you, even tho i am not a huge fan of twin screw SC, you cant argue with the numbers, and the fact of the matter is that intercooling creates more hp, and allows more boost to be run at lower temps, which also creates hp, i mean hell you look at the older magnachargers, they were popular, yes, i would say whipple was at one time more popular, and now that the new radix kit has come out, everyone under the sun is raving about how great it is, the numbers have gone from 40-50% gains to 60-65% gains on the new radix kits from the old magnas. also i think an intercooler is like havin an airbag in a car... sure you may not need it, and if you ever do it may break your neck when it deploys, but you feel safer knowing its there

either way intercooling makes happier drivers. period and those fools at whipple are going to loose business because they are too stupid to realize that this is where supercharging is, and has been going.... damn whipple
Old 02-18-2004 | 11:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Now see, that's the type of things Whipple needs to hear. Texan has the idea... hopefully we can find some more support from everybody else.

Deck, all i can say, you got ur opinion, I got mine.
Old 02-19-2004 | 12:26 AM
Teching In

Id be willing to buy an intercooled whipple. it should be good for us with trucks to have at least two intercooled S/C on the market. it would cause compitition between the two companies and lower prices. Competition between companies is always good for consumers, thats what makes the American economy so great.

come on guys
Old 02-19-2004 | 01:05 AM
Launching!

I'll drive over there personally and smack em all upside the head! Hows that sound?
Old 02-19-2004 | 01:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

I wish they would make an intercooler setup for these trucks. i guess i'll just call them everyday from now on and complain till they do it
Old 02-19-2004 | 02:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

well fellas,this is my idea.

I say we take this thing and make it big... unfortunately this is the only forum that i know of that deals with our trucks. I know there has to be more, i just don't know em. I say that you guys that are members of these other forums to start a similar thread and we get some serious support. We all need to show whipple that there is a serious market for an intercooled kit.

I would leave out the part about competition and lower prices. They might not like that idea of being forced to lower thier prices, and a Procharger is intercooled I believe, so that defeats the competition part. But the phone calls, and constant e-mails is definately what we need.

Texan hit it on the head when he said that Whipple is gonna lose money because of this. In the thread where I got the quote from, "Which SC is best?" somebody even said, "I'm definately going with the radix now." Whipple needs to realize this,and if we can bring this to their attention, and show them how incredibly stupid they are being, we might be able to change somethin here.

Oh yea and Deck, let me rephrase myself, you have your opinion, we have ours
Old 02-19-2004 | 05:05 AM
11 Second Truck Club

Whipple can suck my nads. I have 2 whipples and if I want an intercooler I will make my own. If I have to buy another kit it will be a Radix. I am not going to support a company who has treated me like they have. Now, go take that to them.
Old 02-19-2004 | 05:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Ryan, you want to jump in on this? Whipple has a "Their stuff don' stink" aditud. I've been emailing them on a few parts I need with little or no response.

Quick Reply: OK!! I think it's time whipple hears from us!!