Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

OK!! I think it's time whipple hears from us!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004 | 06:46 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 01Sierra
Well even though L-eater and Reaper aren't really supporting us, They're makin a good point for us.

L-Eater points out that this kinda treatment by whipple to their customers is losing them business. And Reaper shows how to hurt them, by hurting their pockets. That's why I'm saying we need to take this to oher boards, and let some other people hear this. If whipple sees that their losing business and it is brought to thier attention why they are losing it... they might just change something.
Dont get me wrong, I do support what you are doing. Whipple already has your money though, Which means all of this will probably amount to nothing for you. It really sucks, good luck.
Old 02-19-2004 | 07:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Whipples

Originally Posted by 02Reaper
Dont get me wrong, I do support what you are doing. Whipple already has your money though, Which means all of this will probably amount to nothing for you. It really sucks, good luck.

Back in July when I took my truck from Az to whipple in Ca, Steve Taylor showed me a prototype intercooler for my 01 6.0. Problem was, that the master cylinder proportions changed in 03 (supposedly) and so they had to go back to the drawing boards. Steve said they would have the intercooler introduced at the 03 semea show, and it would be available shortly after that. The schedule then changed to after the first of the year. When I called the 3rd week of Jan, Steve Taylor no longer worked there, and the intercooler was on indefinite hold because they were too busy working on a product for the new ford fu150.
Seems that money talks, and past customer service walks????
Old 02-19-2004 | 07:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Lil_Quick
Id be willing to buy an intercooled whipple. it should be good for us with trucks to have at least two intercooled S/C on the market. it would cause compitition between the two companies and lower prices. Competition between companies is always good for consumers, thats what makes the American economy so great.

come on guys
In todays economy competion drives manufacters out of the country and loses American jobs.
Old 02-19-2004 | 07:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 67SS509
Whipple spends tens of thousands dollars advertising their product reaching hundreds of thousands of potential customers. A handful of people on this site complaining reaching a few thousand will hardly have any affect on them. That's the advantage big business has over us! Just stop the buck here...quit buying their product.
True but if you have a few thousand people calling and filling your e-mail boxes, all complaining about the same thing, somebody might catch the drift. I did say that this would be a long shot... but it is still a shot.
Old 02-19-2004 | 08:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

OK, I just popped into the Whipple website, and they have a new intercooled kit for the 8.1. Now I'm not sure of the difference btw. our 4.8-6.0 and an 8.1 (other than the size of course) but this is seriously not makin sense!! We need to get some things straight here.
Old 02-19-2004 | 08:34 PM
11 Second Club

You guys better hope that your Whipple doesnt tear up either, because they dont service them or sell parts for them either. So im stuck with a $2000 dollar paper weight.
Old 02-19-2004 | 10:27 PM
Teching In

Just thought I would get in a few licks here before you guys self destruct. I just came from the Miami boat show where I stood next to an intercooled Whipple supercharger for 5 days in our booth. Just call Dustin at Whipple and have him sell you a marine unit. Get as coolant tank a a small electric pump and plumb it in. I am also pretty sure that Magnacharger has had an intercooled kit on the market for about 6 to 9 months!
By the way our new 8.1 aluminum head and accessories are on our new website @www.raylarengine.com check it out!
Hope you guys get your intercooled chargers, they are really worth the extra money.
Thanks,
Raylar
Old 02-20-2004 | 12:39 AM
TECH Addict

Okay, I guess I will have to jump in here at some point I cannot say weather or not Whipple Industries has an intercooled kit coming out for sure on the 4.8,5.3,6.0L trucks. I can only make you jealous because it makes a hell of a difference

On a more serious note, I have received mail from a manager at Whipple about my setup. I will not say his name here because it seems many people in this post would call his extension simply to complain about the company's customer service. If you guys have some big issues with not getting parts (Greg and anyone else) I will pm you his name, number, and extension if you want to avoid the supposed knuckleheads. I have never had troubles with their customer service operator people or the "techs".

It would only be my best guess that Whipple will come out with an intercooled kit for the GM trucks. Whoever told you that it would cost too much in R&D to do the intercooler probably was one of the "techs" throwing an excuse at you because they simply didn't know anything about plans for it. Look at the F150 kit, sure I would have put GM on hold to be the first to corner the market for the new Ferd engines before Magnuson came into it. Now, I bet they are back to designing a similar blower over intercooler/intake manifold setup for the GMs.
Old 02-20-2004 | 12:20 PM
Staging Lane

Everytime I've talked to or visited Whipple's shop, I come away with the exact same impression. They have the best technology compressor, but their business isn't being run as well as it should. Here's why:
1. Customer feedback doesn't seem to make a difference. (My conversation about the intercooler or all of this support for an intercooler won't get their interest sparked)
2. No intercooler
3. I couldn't get them to recommend an install shop and I'm only an hour and a half away in Bakersfield (pop. 400,000).
4. Crappy computer setup
5. No tuning options
6. Substandard extra injector setup
7. They charge you out the yang (they're little reprogrammer w/4 options costs like $650, have to send the Lysholm compressor to Sweden (been there), and parts are ridiculously expensive (shows no respect for the person who's already dropped half a stack of high society into a kit).

My experience w/Whipple Industries - great compressor - but business is being run **** poor to average. I'm sure Dustin and Art are great guys, and I don't mean this as anything personal, but for the money I've spent, I think I have the right to voice my opinion.
Old 02-20-2004 | 03:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Guys- Whipple isn't the only name on the block for screw-type blowers... Kenne Bell offers them too. In fact, they already have a kit for the Gen III trucks: http://www.kennebell.net/supercharge...60/gm48-60.htm

While that kit may not be intercooled (as far as I can tell), Kenne Bell may be more receptive to customer input/concerns than is Whipple.

It's worth a shot, anyhow.

Quick Reply: OK!! I think it's time whipple hears from us!!