Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Operation hell blazer....

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 12:13 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stock HD 6.0 truck and van oil cooler lines for the 35" radiator. Also found on various Cadillacs.

http://www.midwayautosupply.com/p-50...on-2002-0.aspx
Old 01-19-2009, 12:16 AM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 786 Likes on 652 Posts

Originally Posted by SynergyV8
Stock HD 6.0 truck and van oil cooler lines for the 35" radiator. Also found on various Cadillacs.

http://www.midwayautosupply.com/p-50...on-2002-0.aspx
Old 01-19-2009, 05:28 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 1FastBrick
I understand the need for more power, But I can't see the extra cost for the 408 for a daily driver... You don't think a fresh 6.0 with Flat tops, a nice cam and a stall will be enough??? Not trying to Bash but Just curious. Either way I feel real bad for that poor transmission....
here here! i agree with the above, if ur budget is $4000 why not a 6.0 with a used charger from the forums??? U'd save on gas mileage and it would pay for itself in the end....
Old 01-19-2009, 12:26 PM
Staging Lane

My Honda will kick it's azz.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:01 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by norris_83
here here! i agree with the above, if ur budget is $4000 why not a 6.0 with a used charger from the forums??? U'd save on gas mileage and it would pay for itself in the end....

Because the wife wont let me supercharge it. Hard to justify a two part purchase. I did this because I want our truck to have the CID I want. I, later, then can go back in with such item later and be ahead of the game.
This thing is a mild 408. It should be putting down upper 300's rwhp. Nothing insane. I can't believe some of the reponces. LOL I can do this and stay on budget. I have been building stuff like this for years and have enough laying around. Gas is no issue as it is around town driver only. Once you hook a load to it anyways MPG goes right out the window. A nice large cube NA setup is a more reliable setup than any FI anyways.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
A nice large cube NA setup is a more reliable setup than any FI anyways.
I disagree. A Radix or TVS bolted onto a factory-built stock motor will be much more reliable than any aftermarket motor. Start introducing multiple variables into an engine build and the likelihood of problems increases very quickly.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:42 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Mr. Sandog
I disagree. A Radix or TVS bolted onto a factory-built stock motor will be much more reliable than any aftermarket motor. Start introducing multiple variables into an engine build and the likelihood of problems increases very quickly.
So you mean to tell me you believe that adding FI to an engine not built for it is going to be more reliable that a larger cube well built NA engine?! Every 408 I have ever built or put in a car has yet to fail me. I know several guys going FI and blow out gaskets at the least. I have yet to hear about a 408 failing in a NA application.
Talking of multiple variable, a super charger brings more of them to the table.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mr. Sandog
This is true to an extent but if you've ever heard of "Blueprinting and balancing" a motor thats how you make them live compared to just throwing them together and trying to achieve as much as possible "while cutting corners"
Old 01-19-2009, 08:30 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 786 Likes on 652 Posts

As I said I wasn't trying to bash your idea, I was just curious why the need to spend the extra coin on the stroker part of it. I Personaly believe you can acheive the same overall goal with out the need to build a stroker.... I don't think you need FI either.... a stock 6.0 should already be close to 300RWHP

If you do build the a stroker DD moter I would like to see what you come up with and the end result when it's finished.

Good luck either way!!!
Old 01-19-2009, 09:30 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 1FastBrick
As I said I wasn't trying to bash your idea, I was just curious why the need to spend the extra coin on the stroker part of it. I Personaly believe you can acheive the same overall goal with out the need to build a stroker.... I don't think you need FI either.... a stock 6.0 should already be close to 300RWHP

If you do build the a stroker DD moter I would like to see what you come up with and the end result when it's finished.

Good luck either way!!!
Will do & thanks. I have done SEVERAL of these motors. The purpose for what I am doing is for later. Once I take her out of the truck, IE buy her something else, I have the desired engine to build upon. I then will put some kind of atmosphere on it then. Plus I did it because I could.LOL
I dailly drive my 850 rwhp TA. It puts down 555rwhp 506 rwtq NA. The only problem I have had with it is stupid stuff. Engine runs like a top on 91 octane. Did those #'s a=on 91 too. (116 octane is sprayed with the shot)

Quick Reply: Operation hell blazer....