Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

opinions: STS vs RADIX

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 09:53 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kwkshift
Radix which is already a 112" model and can't get any bigger.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:59 AM
blownerator

Originally Posted by moregrip
then again, what good is instant boost without traction?

What good is ANY horsepower without traction. These trucks already have traction issues!
Old 09-08-2004, 10:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
What good is ANY horsepower without traction. These trucks already have traction issues!
Not mine.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:17 AM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

now I'm stopping my oceanography homework, a heavy mass that is already moving is easier to accelerate than from a dead stop (lets leave areodynamics and gear ratio's out of this as I'm kinda referencing a 30mph roll).

so HP at speed is more practically applied than right off the line as traction is less of an issue.

essentially I agree with you,
Old 09-08-2004, 01:51 PM
Launching!

i am learning alot from this thread......sounds to me the radix kit is a solid, reliable, complete, unit but has its limits. the sts kit sounds like its missing some things, but those missing items are based on an individuals application and goals......which makes the sts have more potential because things can be changed. cost seems to be relative too application as well with the sts, and can match the radix costs quickly.......it seems it comes down to what i'm after, which is the obvious......if i want more hp/tq to get my ecsb 5.3 moving without worries = radix.......if i want too continually push limits by tweaking, changing this and that,ect., the potential of the turbo = sts. not that you don't tweak, change, things with radix.......or install a sts and leave it alone....but lets be real who's leaving anything alone? oh ya love this site as if it mattered, not one single comment about looks of either....true gearheads
Old 09-08-2004, 02:08 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On the more boost quicker issue, I see 7 lbs of boost at 3k rpm. I don't think the base radix kit produces 7 psi of boost at that rpm. I have a stock drive line, BTW.

I've never had the pleasure of owning a radix, and am obviously more inclined to go STS on these trucks. As far as moving out quicker, when I stall up to 2psi of boost and then launch, I'd be willing to bet I'm moving out as fast or faster than a similar truck with a radix. I've read elsewhere that with an aftermarket TC (I think) and shift kit, others have been able to stall the STS up to 7 psi. Please explain how a radix could do this better?

BTW, I agree with Ben's post above.
Old 09-08-2004, 02:12 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 09-08-2004, 03:50 PM
TECH Addict

My question - How is boost from a turbo, free power?

I don't see how it is... How much exhaust backpressure does a turbo system making boost, create? That HAS to rob power.

I understand it's all about how efficient the impeller or whatever is... I just don't see there being NO restriction there.
Old 09-08-2004, 05:55 PM
blownerator

Bling

Old 09-08-2004, 06:00 PM
12 Second Truck Club

I've been in a foul modd the last 2 days and didn't want to argue points with you guys for fear of coming off rude and offending someone.

Most of the points I wanted to cover have been dished out so I'll shut up. Ohh and Ben, you're gonna love 7psi launches

Blownchevy, I cannot argue the bling factor. That one is all RADIX! *drool*

Quick Reply: opinions: STS vs RADIX