Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Ordered CAI from latemodelrestoration.com

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by buzzkillwill
OFF TOPIC: I lived in Farmington for a while when I was younger. Lived at the golf course (Bridlewood Country Club) that was on Route 68 coming into town. There was a Ford Dealership across the road.
? are you talking about Farmington Texas or something? I know there is a Bridlewood in dallas area. The only 68 highway in Missouri is atleast 100 miles from me...
Old 02-09-2009, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by JoeGibbSilverado
i have the zone cai, i like it, probably gonna upgrade it with a kn filter, but for now it works well
The zone cai looks ok, I just don't really like the zone, except that they are open when you need parts at night....I don't know how much I trust the spectre filter effeciency, but who knows about the lmr one too.....
my experiences with kids that just need a job trying to help you get parts is enough for me, plus they do get seconds, i don't care what anyone says....
Old 02-09-2009, 07:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry, typo- I meant to type 67. No, it was called Bridlewood. It's still there, just not a golf course anymore. It's on 67 coming into Farmington from the north. It was/is just north of the dirt race track.

http://maps.yahoo.com/index.php#mvt=...20MO%252063640
Old 02-09-2009, 07:12 PM

Sorry, typo- I meant to type 67. No, it was called Bridlewood. It's still there, just not a golf course anymore. It's on 67 coming into Farmington from the north. It was/is just north of the dirt race track.

http://maps.yahoo.com/index.php#mvt=...20MO%252063640
Small world. Was the high line like 200 yards from your driveway? If so I looked at that house to buy about 10 or 12 years ago when I moved out. Wish I would've, cause now the outer road goes 100 yards from the house, it will be worth a fortune when it eventually gets zoned commercial. It was listed for like 65k then, probably could've gotten it for 40 or so, who knows how many hundreds of thousands it will be worth comercially...

My mom and stepdad used to own a house on Michael Lane, closer to Farmington than you, but by way of riding around on my quad I could be looking at that house in no time, like 3 or 4 minute ride. It was right up to St. Joe State Park right? That powerline is actually state park property I think.

The last I new it as was just Farmington Country Club, I didn't play then, so proper CC names really didn't matter to me. I can still remember it being a course, but was probably like 1990 or earlier...
Old 02-09-2009, 07:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, I lived there in the 70's lol (I'm getting old!) It might be state lands now. I know the person who owned the golf course also owned lots of land going up behind it, and at one point either a state park was formed, or expanded- I as only like eight years old back then, so my knowledge was limited to toys, food and driving around on the golf carts- which was the BEST!

Is there still a Ford dealership right across from there?

The last time I was in Farmington was 2000- I really enjoyed living there.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:41 PM

Well, I lived there in the 70's lol (I'm getting old!) It might be state lands now. I know the person who owned the golf course also owned lots of land going up behind it, and at one point either a state park was formed, or expanded- I as only like eight years old back then, so my knowledge was limited to toys, food and driving around on the golf carts- which was the BEST!

Is there still a Ford dealership right across from there?

The last time I was in Farmington was 2000- I really enjoyed living there.
Yes, Sam Scism Ford is right across the highway. You should come back now, lot changed since 2000, there is an outer road on north and south sides between farmington and leadington.
Scism did an extensive facelift last year, My bet is that Ford made em do it, cause the economy and vehicle sales were sucking it up and they were doing a multi million dollar expansion......
Old 02-09-2009, 07:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Heck, lots had changed from the 70's, until my visit again in 2000! lol There were people everywhere and they weren't wearing bell bottoms!

Sam Scism! That's right, I remember that name now.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:01 PM

Heck, lots had changed from the 70's, until my visit again in 2000! lol There were people everywhere and they weren't wearing bell bottoms!

Sam Scism! That's right, I remember that name now.
Bell bottoms lol, if you come back look me up, we'll shoot the crap....