Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

ordered lt's, ory, and muffler, now what

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 08:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah the accuseals are pretty good. the dynomax ones I got have 2 bolts instead of the one. I got the ORY in finally today so I went ahead and started the install of the headers. Talk about a pain in the f*^kin *** to get in there. everything was going pretty smooth until I shredded a cheap *** socket unbolting the 3 bolt stock header/y pipe flange. so I just said screw it and chopped the pipe after the cats on both sides and everything slid out no problem. As far as the install of the driver side, coming from the top was "easiest". It's impossible to come from the bottom literally (keep in mind I'm 2wd). I had to bend the bracket that has the red "Battery +" box on it and move all the electrical out the way to get the header in through the top. Passenger side took all but 5 seconds to put in through the bottom. Only thing I didn't know was that the stock exhaust system uses 4 O2 sensors. The LT's and ORY are only outfitted with 2 bungs. So as of right now I'm not sure what I'm going to do about that. Hopefully if I just disconnect the 2 extra sensors it won't mess with the tuning (theoretically it shouldn't). As for the ORY fit, it started getting dark so I called it a day b/c I have to write a paper for school. tomorrow after class I'm going to remove the tranny x-member and fit the ORY and the rest of my exhaust. My MIG welder went bye-bye so I'm stuck with a good ole lincoln 220V stick welder wooooohoooo. I can't wait to weld the muffler. Anywho, I'll post up a video and everything. It's insanely loud open headers. Quite a bit louder than the dune buggy.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

installed everything except the muffler today, taking it to a shop by work to ge them to hang the muffler the right "non-redneck" way and also tie in the 2 O2 sensors that don't have bungs. Only 2 bungs were the ones on the headers and there really needs to be a bung after about 12 inches from the first O2 sensor. Anyways, everything sounds sick and those dynomax clamps are the **** and well worth every 8.50 that I spent on em.